Toward sustainable adaptation to future climate change: insights from vulnerability and resilience approaches analyzing agrarian system of Iran
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon, L. J. & Enfors, E. I., 2008. "Land degradation, ecosystem services and resilience of smallholder farmers in Makanya Catchment, Tanzania," IWMI Books, Reports H041592, International Water Management Institute.
- Reed, M.S. & Podesta, G. & Fazey, I. & Geeson, N. & Hessel, R. & Hubacek, K. & Letson, D. & Nainggolan, D. & Prell, C. & Rickenbach, M.G. & Ritsema, C. & Schwilch, G. & Stringer, L.C. & Thomas, A.D., 2013. "Combining analytical frameworks to assess livelihood vulnerability to climate change and analyse adaptation options," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 66-77.
- Fleischman, Forrest D. & Boenning, Kinga & Garcia-Lopez, Gustavo A. & Mincey, Sarah & Schmitt-Harsh, Mikaela & Daedlow, Katrin & Lopez, Maria Claudia & Basurto, Xavier & Fischer, Burney & Ostrom, Elin, 2010. "Disturbance, response, and persistence in self-organized forested communities: Analysis of robustness and resilience in five communities in Southern Indiana," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Feola, Giuseppe & Binder, Claudia R., 2010. "Towards an improved understanding of farmers' behaviour: The integrative agent-centred (IAC) framework," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2323-2333, October.
- Marjanizadeh, Sara, 2009. "From Mesopotamia to the third millennium: the historical trajectory of water development and use in the Karkheh River Basin, Iran," IWMI Working Papers H042878, International Water Management Institute.
- Salami, Habibollah & Shahnooshi, Naser & Thomson, Kenneth J., 2009. "The economic impacts of drought on the economy of Iran: An integration of linear programming and macroeconometric modelling approaches," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 1032-1039, February.
- Kaveh Madani, 2014. "Water management in Iran: what is causing the looming crisis?," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 4(4), pages 315-328, December.
- Iraj Emadodin & Daiju Narita & Hans Bork, 2012. "Soil degradation and agricultural sustainability: an overview from Iran," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 611-625, October.
- K. Rezaei-Moghaddam & E. Karami, 2008. "A multiple criteria evaluation of sustainable agricultural development models using AHP," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 407-426, August.
- Mohammad Reza Balali & Jozef Keulartz & Michiel Korthals, 2009. "Reflexive Water Management in Arid Regions: The Case of Iran," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 18(1), pages 91-112, February.
- W.J.R. Alexander & F. Bailey, 2007. "Solar Activity and Climate Changeâ€”A Summary," Energy & Environment, , vol. 18(6), pages 801-804, November.
- Giuseppe Feola, 2013. "What (science for) adaptation to climate change in Colombian agriculture? A commentary on “A way forward on adaptation to climate change in Colombian agriculture: perspectives towards 2050” by J. Rami," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 119(3), pages 565-574, August.
- Reardon, Thomas & Barrett, Christopher B. & Berdegué, Julio A. & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2009. "Agrifood Industry Transformation and Small Farmers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1717-1727, November.
- Mojtahed, Ahmad & Esfahani, Hadi S., 1989. "Agricultural policy and performance in Iran: The post-revolutionary experience," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 839-860, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:23:y:2021:i:4:d:10.1007_s10668-020-00846-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sedighe Pakmehr & Masoud Yazdanpanah & Masoud Baradaran, 0. "Explaining farmers’ response to climate change-induced water stress through cognitive theory of stress: an Iranian perspective," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-18.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Masoud Saatsaz, 2020. "A historical investigation on water resources management in Iran," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 1749-1785, March.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Mehdi Feizi & Hassan F. Gholipour, 2019. "Drought and Property Prices: Empirical Evidence from Iran," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201916, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Ingold, Karin, 2017. "How to create and preserve social capital in climate adaptation policies: A network approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 414-424.
- GhassemiSahebi, Fakhroddin & Mohammadrezapour, Omolbani & Delbari, Masoomeh & KhasheiSiuki, Abbas & Ritzema, Henk & Cherati, Ali, 2020. "Effect of utilization of treated wastewater and seawater with Clinoptilolite-Zeolite on yield and yield components of sorghum," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 234(C).
- Kym Anderson & Anna Strutt, 2012.
"Agriculture and Food Security in Asia by 2030,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
23309, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 2012. "Agriculture and Food Security in Asia by 2030," ADBI Working Papers 368, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Kym Anderson & Anna Strutt, 2012. "Agriculture and Food Security in Asia by 2030," Development Economics Working Papers 23309, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Geng, Xin & Janssens, Wendy & Kramer, Berber, 2018. "Liquid milk: Cash Constraints and Recurring Savings among Dairy Farmers in Kenya," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273823, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Soltani, Arezoo & Angelsen, Arild & Eid, Tron & Naieni, Mohammad Saeid Noori & Shamekhi, Taghi, 2012. "Poverty, sustainability, and household livelihood strategies in Zagros, Iran," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 60-70.
- Radhika Murti & Sarah-Lan Mathez-Stiefel & Stephan Rist, 0. "A Methodological Orientation for Social Learning Based Adaptation Planning: Lessons from Pilot Interventions in Rural Communities of Burkina Faso, Chile and Senegal," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-26.
- Chiputwa, Brian & Spielman, David J. & Qaim, Matin, 2015.
"Food Standards, Certification, and Poverty among Coffee Farmers in Uganda,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 400-412.
- Chiputwa, Brian & Qaim, Matin & Spielman, David J., 2013. "Food Standards, Certification, and Poverty among Coffee Farmers in Uganda," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 161565, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Chiputwa, Brian & Qaim, Matin & Spielman, David J., 2014. "Food standards, certification, and poverty among coffee farmers in Uganda," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182718, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zamani, Omid & Azadi, Hossein & Mortazavi, Seyed Abolghasem & Balali, Hamid & Moghaddam, Saghi Movahhed & Jurik, Lubos, 2021. "The impact of water-pricing policies on water productivity: Evidence of agriculture sector in Iran," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 245(C).
- Nazemi, Neda & Foley, Rider W. & Louis, Garrick & Keeler, Lauren Withycombe, 2020. "Divergent agricultural water governance scenarios: The case of Zayanderud basin, Iran," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 229(C).
- Forough Jafary & Chris Bradley, 2018. "Groundwater Irrigation Management and the Existing Challenges from the Farmers’ Perspective in Central Iran," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Chalise, Sudarshan & Naranpanawa, Athula & Bandara, Jayatilleke S. & Sarker, Tapan, 2017. "A general equilibrium assessment of climate change–induced loss of agricultural productivity in Nepal," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 43-50.
- Elham Hoominfar & Claudia Radel, 2020. "Contested Dam Development in Iran: A Case Study of the Exercise of State Power over Local People," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(13), pages 1-19, July.
- Adetoyinbo, Ayobami & Otter, Verena, 2020. "Organizational Structures, Gender Roles and Upgrading Strategies for Smallholders in Developing Countries’ Local Value Chains," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 305193, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Ola, Oreoluwa & Menapace, Luisa, 2020. "A meta-analysis understanding smallholder entry into high-value markets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Van den Broeck, Goedele & Swinnen, Johan & Maertens, Miet, 2017.
"Global value chains, large-scale farming, and poverty: Long-term effects in Senegal,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 97-107.
- Goedele Van den Broeck & Johan Swinnen & Miet Maertens, 2016. "Global value chains, large-scale farming, and poverty: long-term effects in Senegal," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven 546809, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Goedele Van den Broeck & Johan Swinnen & Miet Maertens, 2016. "Global Value Chains, Large-Scale Farming, and Poverty: Long-Term Effects in Senegal," LICOS Discussion Papers 38016, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- VAN DEN BROECK, Goedele & SWINNEN, Johan & MAERTENS, Miet, 2016. "Global Value Chains, Large-Scale Farming, and Poverty: Long-Term Effects in Senegal," Working Papers 242366, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centre for Agricultural and Food Economics.
- Momeni, Marzieh & Zakeri, Zahra & Esfandiari, Mojtaba & Behzadian, Kourosh & Zahedi, Sina & Razavi, Vahid, 2019. "Comparative analysis of agricultural water pricing between Azarbaijan Provinces in Iran and the state of California in the US: A hydro-economic approach," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 223(C), pages 1-1.
- H.M. Tuihedur Rahman & Gordon M. Hickey, 2020. "An Analytical Framework for Assessing Context-Specific Rural Livelihood Vulnerability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(14), pages 1-26, July.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2015.
"Small Farmers in High-Value Chains: Binding or Relaxing Constraints to Inclusive Growth?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 43-52.
- Briones, Roehlano M., 2014. "Small Farmers in High Value Chains: Binding or Relaxing Constraints to Inclusive Growth?," Discussion Papers DP 2014-23, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsAdaptation; Climate change; Development; Iran; Livelihood; Social–ecological systems; Sustainability; Systems thinking; Transformation; Water resources management;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10668-015-9721-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.