What principles should inform poverty indices? Insights from a cross-country survey
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 41 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00181/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank, 1997. "The Measurement of Poverty: An Experimental Questionnaire Investigation," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 571-88.
- Satya Chakravarty & Ravi Kanbur & Diganta Mukherjee, 2006.
"Population growth and poverty measurement,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 471-483, June.
- Steven R. Beckman & Buhong Zheng & John P. Formby & W. James Smith, 2002. "Envy, malice and Pareto efficiency: An experimental examination," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 349-367.
- Yoram Amiel & Frank Cowell, 2007.
"On the measurement of polarisation: a questionnaire study,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2693, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank A. & Ramos, Xavi, 2007. "On the Measurement of Polarisation: A Questionnaire Study," IZA Discussion Papers 2686, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Yoram Amiel & Frank A Cowell & Xavier Ramos, 2007. "On the Measurement of Polarisation:A questionnaire study," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 90, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Amiel, Yoram & Cowell, Frank A., 1992. "Measurement of income inequality : Experimental test by questionnaire," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 3-26, February.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-64, July.
- Yoram Amiel & Frank A Cowell & Wulf Gaertner, 2006.
"To Be or not To Be Involved:A Questionnaire-Experimental View on Harsanyi’sUtilitarian Ethics,"
STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers
85, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Yoram Amiel & Frank Cowell & Wulf Gaertner, 2009. "To be or not to be involved: a questionnaire-experimental view on Harsanyi’s utilitarian ethics," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 299-316, February.
- Yoram Amiel & Frank Cowell & W Gaertner, 2006. "To be or not to be involved: a questionnaire-experimental view on Harsanyi's utilitarian ethics," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2687, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ernst Fehr & Michael Naef & Klaus M. Schmidt, 2006.
"Inequality Aversion, Efficiency, and Maximin Preferences in Simple Distribution Experiments: Comment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1912-1917, December.
- Fehr, Ernst & Naef, Michael & Schmidt, Klaus M., 2006. "Inequality aversion, efficiency, and maximin preferences in simple distribution experiments: Comment," Munich Reprints in Economics 20639, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Zheng, Buhong, 1997. " Aggregate Poverty Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 123-62, June.
- Esposito, Lucio & Lambert, Peter, 2009. "A note on the Bourguignon-Fields class of poverty indices," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 852-854, August.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. " Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Kundu, Amitabh & Smith, Tony E, 1983. "An Impossibility Theorem on Poverty Indices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(2), pages 423-34, June.
- Gary E. Bolton & Axel Ockenfels, 2006. "Inequality Aversion, Efficiency, and Maximin Preferences in Simple Distribution Experiments: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(5), pages 1906-1911, December.
- Holtug, Nils & Lippert-Rasmussen, Kasper (ed.), 2006. "Egalitarianism: New Essays on the Nature and Value of Equality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199296439.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:41:y:2011:i:2:p:387-420. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.