Statistical inference for poverty measures with relative poverty lines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-663, May.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. II," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 82-111, August.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-177, January.
- Foster, James E. & Shorrocks, Anthony F., 1988. "Inequality and poverty orderings," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 654-661, March.
- Bishop, John A & Chow, K Victor & Zheng, Buhong, 1995. "Statistical Inference and Decomposable Poverty Measures," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 329-340, October.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Chakravarty, Satya R., 1983. "A new index of poverty," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 307-313, December.
- Bishop, John A & Formby, John P & Zheng, Buhong, 1997. "Statistical Inference and the Sen Index of Poverty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(2), pages 381-387, May.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Clark, Stephen & Hemming, Richard & Ulph, David, 1981. "On Indices for the Measurement of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 515-526, June.
- Buhong Zheng, 1999. "On the power of poverty orderings," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 16(3), pages 349-371.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. I," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 416-442, June.
- Zheng, Buhong, 2000. "Minimum Distribution-Sensitivity, Poverty Aversion, and Poverty Orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 116-137, November.
- Zheng, Buhong, 1997. " Aggregate Poverty Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 123-162, June.
- Thon, Dominique, 1979. "On Measuring Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 429-439, December.
- Zheng, Buhong, 2000. " Poverty Orderings," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 427-466, September.
- Blackburn, McKinley L, 1994. "International Comparisons of Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 371-374, May.
- Fisher, Gordon & Willson, Douglas & Xu, Kuan, 1998. "An empirical analysis of term premiums using significance tests for stochastic dominance," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 195-203, August.
- Wolak, Frank A., 1989. "Testing inequality constraints in linear econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 205-235, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehdi, Tahsin & Stengos, Thanasis, 2014. "Empirical likelihood-based inference for the generalized entropy class of inequality measures," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 54-57.
- Brennan Thompson, 2010. "Statistical inference for vector measures of inequality and poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(4), pages 451-462, December.
- Buhong Zheng, 2004. "Poverty comparisons with dependent samples," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 419-428.
- Kenneth R. Simler & Channing Arndt, 2007.
"Poverty Comparisons With Absolute Poverty Lines Estimated From Survey Data,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(2), pages 275-294, June.
- Simler. Kenneth R. & Arndt, Channing, 2006. "Poverty comparisons with absolute poverty lines estimated from survey data," FCND discussion papers 211, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nasri, Khaled & Belhadj, Besma, 2017. "Multidimensional Poverty Measurement in Tunisia: Distribution of Deprivations across Regions," MPRA Paper 83318, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:aistmt:v:69:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10463-016-0554-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michal Brzezinski, 2011. "Variance Estimation for Richness Measures," LWS Working papers 11, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Thuysbaert, Bram & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2005. "Consistent Testing for Poverty Dominance," WIDER Working Paper Series 064, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Christophe Muller, 2006.
"Defining Poverty Lines As a Fraction of Central Tendency,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 720-729, January.
- Christophe Muller, 2005. "Defining Poverty Lines As A Fraction Of Central Tendency," Working Papers. Serie AD 2005-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Celso Nunes, 2008. "Poverty Measurement: The Development of Different Approaches and Its Techniques," Working Papers 93, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Channing Arndt & Kenneth R. Simler, 2007. "Consistent poverty comparisons and inference," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 133-139, September.
- Bram Thuysbaert, 2008. "Inference for the measurement of poverty in the presence of a stochastic weighting variable," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(1), pages 33-55, March.
- Tim Goedemé, 2013. "How much Confidence can we have in EU-SILC? Complex Sample Designs and the Standard Error of the Europe 2020 Poverty Indicators," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 89-110, January.
- Christian Dudel & Jan Marvin Garbuszus & Notburga Ott & Martin Werding, 2015. "Income Dependent Equivalence Scales, Inequality, and Poverty," CESifo Working Paper Series 5568, CESifo Group Munich.
- Debopam Bhattacharya & Bhashkar Mazumder, 2007. "Nonparametric analysis of intergenerational income mobility with application to the United States," Working Paper Series WP-07-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Marcelo Arbex & Enlinson Mattos, 2010. "Poverty and the Optimal General Income Tax-cum-Audit Policy," Working Papers 02-2010, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- James Foster & Joel Greer & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "The Foster–Greer–Thorbecke (FGT) poverty measures: 25 years later," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(4), pages 491-524, December.
- James E. Foster & Joel Greer & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "The Foster-Greer-Thorbecke (FGT) Poverty Measures: Twenty-Five Years Later," Working Papers 2010-14, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:101:y:2001:i:2:p:337-356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.