Do we need a separate poverty measurement?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Garner, Thesia I, 1993. "Consumer Expenditures and Inequality: An Analysis Based on Decomposition of the Gini Coefficient," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 134-138, February.
- Tobin, James, 1970. "On Limiting the Domain of Inequality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 263-277, October.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1991. "Calculating Jackknife Variance Estimators for Parameters of the Gini Method," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 235-239, April.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1983. "On an Extension of the Gini Inequality Index," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(3), pages 617-628, October.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-177, January.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1994. "Measuring Social Welfare with and without Poverty Lines," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 359-364, May.
- Sen, Amartya, 1979. " Issues in the Measurement of Poverty," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(2), pages 285-307.
- Donaldson, David & Weymark, John A., 1983.
"Ethically flexible gini indices for income distributions in the continuum,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 353-358, April.
- DONALDSON, David & WEYMARK, John A., 1983. "Ethically flexible Gini indices for income distributions in the continuum," CORE Discussion Papers RP 520, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Foster, James E. & Shorrocks, Anthony F., 1988. "Inequality and poverty orderings," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 654-661, March.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1987. "Measuring Welfare, Poverty and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(386), pages 459-467, June.
- Mayshar, Joram & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1995. "Dalton-Improving Indirect Tax Reform," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 793-807, September.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Slottje, Daniel, 1999. "The Distribution of Pollution in the United States: An Environmental Gini Approach," Departmental Working Papers 002, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1982. "Relative deprivation and economic welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 99-113.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1982. "Stochastic Dominance, Mean Variance, and Gini's Mean Difference," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 178-185, March.
- Lerman, Robert I & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985. "Income Inequality Effects by Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 151-156, February.
- Sheetal K. Chand & Parthasarathi Shome, 1995. "Poverty Alleviation in a Financial Programming Framework; An Integrated Approach," IMF Working Papers 95/29, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Pi Alperin, Maria Noel, 2011.
"Poverty growth in Scandinavian countries: A Sen multi-decomposition,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2842-2853.
- MUSSARD Stéphane & PI ALPERIN Maria Noel, 2010. "Poverty Growth in Scandinavian Countries: A Sen Multi-decomposition," LISER Working Paper Series 2010-29, LISER.
- Stéphane Mussard & Maria Noel Pi Alperin, 2010. "Poverty Growth in Scandinavian Countries: A Sen Multi-decomposition," Working Papers 10-10, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Sep 2010.
- Stéphane Mussard & Pi Alperin María Noel, 2010. "Poverty Growth in Scandinavian Countries: A Sen Multi-decomposition," Cahiers de recherche 10-21, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Louis Kaplow, 2005. "Why measure inequality?," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 3(1), pages 65-79, April.
- Rod Hick, 2009. "The SocialWelfare Pensions in Ireland: Pensioner Poverty and Gender," Working Papers 200902, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Pere Suau-Sanchez & Guillaume Burghouwt & Xavier Fageda, 2016. "Reinterpreting EU Air Transport Deregulation: A Disaggregated Analysis of the Spatial Distribution of Traffic in Europe, 1990–2009," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 107(1), pages 48-65, February.
- Shlomo Yitzhaki & Peter Lambert, 2013. "The relationship between the absolute deviation from a quantile and Gini’s mean difference," METRON, Springer;Sapienza Università di Roma, vol. 71(2), pages 97-104, September.
- Mussini, Mauro, 2013. "On decomposing inequality and poverty changes over time: A multi-dimensional decomposition," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 8-18.
- Das, Gouranga, 2010. "Globalization, socio-institutional factors and North–South knowledge diffusion: Role of India and China as Southern growth progenitors," MPRA Paper 37252, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2011.
- Paolo Radaelli, 2010. "On the Decomposition by Subgroups of the Gini Index and Zenga's Uniformity and Inequality Indexes," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 78(1), pages 81-101, April.
- Stéphane Mussard & Patrick Richard, 2012.
"Linking Yitzhaki's and Dagum's Gini decompositions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(23), pages 2997-3010, August.
- Stéphane Mussard & Patrick Richard, 2008. "Linking Yitzhaki’s and Dagum’s Gini Decompositions," Working Papers 08-13, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Jul 2008.
- Stéphane Mussard & Patrick Richard, 2008. "Linking Yitzhaki’s and Dagum’s Gini Decompositions," Cahiers de recherche 08-21, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "A Review of Decomposition of Income Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 1221, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:kap:jecinq:v:16:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10888-018-9388-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heikki Hiilamo & Reijo Sund & Seppo Sallila, 2004. "Rethinking the Measures of Poverty," LIS Working papers 368, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Daniel Gottlieb & Alexander Fruman, 2011. "A quality-index of poverty measures," Working Papers 239, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- MarÃa Noel Pi Alperin, 2016. "A multidimensional approach to measure health," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(3), pages 1553-1568.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:18:y:2002:i:1:p:61-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.