On decomposing inequality and poverty changes over time: A multi-dimensional decomposition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Achille Vernizzi, 2009. "Playing with the Hadamard product in decomposing Gini, concentration, redistribution and re-ranking indexes," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1085, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Stéphane Mussard & Patrick Richard, 2012.
"Linking Yitzhaki's and Dagum's Gini decompositions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(23), pages 2997-3010, August.
- Stéphane Mussard & Patrick Richard, 2008. "Linking Yitzhaki’s and Dagum’s Gini Decompositions," Working Papers 08-13, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Jul 2008.
- Stéphane Mussard & Patrick Richard, 2008. "Linking Yitzhaki’s and Dagum’s Gini Decompositions," Cahiers de recherche 08-21, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Stéphane Mussard & Kuan Xu, 2006. "Multidimensional Decomposition of the Sen Index: Some Further Thoughts," Cahiers de recherche 06-08, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Pi Alperin, Maria Noel, 2011.
"Poverty growth in Scandinavian countries: A Sen multi-decomposition,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2842-2853.
- MUSSARD Stéphane & PI ALPERIN Maria Noel, 2010. "Poverty Growth in Scandinavian Countries: A Sen Multi-decomposition," LISER Working Paper Series 2010-29, LISER.
- Stéphane Mussard & Maria Noel Pi Alperin, 2010. "Poverty Growth in Scandinavian Countries: A Sen Multi-decomposition," Working Papers 10-10, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Sep 2010.
- Stéphane Mussard & Pi Alperin María Noel, 2010. "Poverty Growth in Scandinavian Countries: A Sen Multi-decomposition," Cahiers de recherche 10-21, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Masato Okamoto, 2011. "Source decomposition of changes in income inequality: the integral-based approach and its approximation by the chained Shapley-value approach," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(2), pages 145-181, June.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & Philippe Van Kerm, 2006.
"Trends in income inequality, pro-poor income growth, and income mobility,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(3), pages 531-548, July.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003. "Trends in income inequality, pro-poor income growth and income mobility," IRISS Working Paper Series 2003-11, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Stephen P. Jenkins & Philippe VanKerm, 2003. "Trends in Income Inequality, Pro-Poor Income Growth and Income Mobility," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 377, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003. "Trends in Income Inequality, Pro-Poor Income Growth and Income Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 904, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003. "Trends in income inequality, pro-poor income growth and income mobility," ISER Working Paper Series 2003-27, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Christian Schluter & Mark Trede, 2003. "Local versus Global Assessment of Mobility," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1313-1335, November.
- Son, Hyun Hwa, 2004. "A note on pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 307-314, March.
- Silber, Jacques, 1989. "Factor Components, Population Subgroups and the Computation of the Gini Index of Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 107-115, February.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 2002. "The social welfare implications, decomposability, and geometry of the Sen family of poverty indices," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(1), pages 138-152, February.
- Mauro Mussini, 2013. "A matrix approach to the Gini index decomposition by subgroup and by income source," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(17), pages 2457-2468, June.
- Donal O'Neill & Philippe Van Kerm, 2008. "An Integrated Framework For Analysing Income Convergence," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 76(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 2002. "Do we need a separate poverty measurement?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 61-85, March.
- Bruno Cheli & Gianni Betti, 1999. "Fuzzy analysis of poverty dynamics on an italian pseudo panel 1985-1994," Metron - International Journal of Statistics, Dipartimento di Statistica, Probabilità e Statistiche Applicate - University of Rome, vol. 0(1-2), pages 85-105.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2009. "Reranking and Pro-Poor Growth: Decompositions for China and Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1403-1425.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1995. "Revisiting the Sen Poverty Index," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1225-1230, September.
- Stéphane Mussard & Luc Savard, 2012. "The Gini multi-decomposition and the role of Gini's transvariation: application to partial trade liberalization in the Philippines," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(10), pages 1235-1249, April.
- Mauro Mussini, 2013. "A subgroup decomposition of the inequality change over time," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 386-390, March.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauro Mussini, 2017. "Decomposing Changes in Inequality and Welfare Between EU Regions: The Roles of Population Change, Re-Ranking and Income Growth," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(2), pages 455-478, January.
- Mussini, Mauro & Grossi, Luigi, 2015. "Decomposing changes in CO2 emission inequality over time: The roles of re-ranking and changes in per capita CO2 emission disparities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 274-281.
More about this item
KeywordsDecomposition; Gini index; Sen–Shorrocks–Thon index; Population subgroup; Income source; Re-ranking; Income growth;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:33:y:2013:i:c:p:8-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.