Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night: The Effect of Retirement on Subsequent Mortality of U.S. Supreme Court Justices, 1801–2006
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 48 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus, 2003. "A note on the effect of unemployment on mortality," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 505-518, May.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1980. "Racial Trends in Male Labor Force Participation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 911-20, December.
- Mark Hayward & William Grady & Melissa Hardy & David Sommers, 1989. "Occupational influences on retirement, disability, and death," Demography, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 393-409, August.
- Munch, Jakob Roland & Svarer, Michael, 2005. "Mortality and socio-economic differences in Denmark: a competing risks proportional hazard model," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 17-32, March.
- John Bound, 1991. "Self-Reported Versus Objective Measures of Health in Retirement Models," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 106-138.
- Robin C. Sickles & Paul J. Taubman, 1984.
"An Analysis of the Health and Retirement Status of the Elderly,"
NBER Working Papers
1459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sickles, Robin C & Taubman, Paul, 1986. "An Analysis of the Health and Retirement Status of the Elderly," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1339-56, November.
- Baoping Shang & Dana Goldman, 2008. "Does age or life expectancy better predict health care expenditures?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 487-501.
- N.s. Gavrilova & L.a. Gavrilov, 2001. "Biodemographic Study of Familial Determinants of Human Longevity," Population (french edition), Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED), vol. 13(1), pages 197-221.
- Albert Yoon, 2006. "Pensions, Politics, and Judicial Tenure: An Empirical Study of Federal Judges, 1869--2002," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 143-180.
- Eileen Crimmins & Mark Hayward & Yasuhiko Saito, 1994. "Changing mortality and morbidity rates and the health status and life expectancy of the older population," Demography, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 159-175, February.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Card, 2002. "Did the Elimination of Mandatory Retirement Affect Faculty Retirement?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 957-980, September.
- Fletcher, Ben (C), 1988. "Occupation, marriage and disease-specific mortality concordance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 615-622, January.
- Stephen E. Snyder & William N. Evans, 2006. "The Effect of Income on Mortality: Evidence from the Social Security Notch," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(3), pages 482-495, August.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 2000. "Retirement Outcomes in the Health and Retirement Study," NBER Working Papers 7588, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ross Stolzenberg & James Lindgren, 2010. "Retirement and death in office of U.S. Supreme Court justices," Demography, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 269-298, May.
- C. A. Field & A. H. Welsh, 2007. "Bootstrapping clustered data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 69(3), pages 369-390.
- Anderson, Kathryn H., 1985. "The effect of mandatory retirement on mortality," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 81-88, February.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1982. "The Male Labour Force Participation Decision: Health, Reported Health, and Economic Incentives," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(193), pages 81-91, February.
- Robin L. Lumsdaine, 1995. "Factors Affecting Labor Supply Decisions and Retirement Income," NBER Working Papers 5223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1980. "The Decline in Male Labor Force Participation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 117-34, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:48:y:2011:i:4:p:1317-1346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.