East African food security as influenced by future climate change and land use change at local to regional scales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jing Wang & Lijian Yang, 2009. "Efficient and fast spline-backfitted kernel smoothing of additive models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 61(3), pages 663-690, September.
- Richard Tiffin & Xavier Irz, 2006. "Is agriculture the engine of growth?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 35(1), pages 79-89, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholson, Charles F. & Stephens, Emma C. & Kopainsky, Birgit & Jones, Andrew D. & Parsons, David & Garrett, James, 2021. "Food security outcomes in agricultural systems models: Current status and recommended improvements," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 188(C).
- Youjung Kim & Galen Newman, 2019. "Climate Change Preparedness: Comparing Future Urban Growth and Flood Risk in Amsterdam and Houston," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-24, February.
- Lapinski, Maria Knight & Funk, Julie A. & Moccia, Lauren T., 2015. "Recommendations for the role of social science research in One Health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 51-60.
- Lauren Gies & Datu Agusdinata & Venkatesh Merwade, 2014. "Drought adaptation policy development and assessment in East Africa using hydrologic and system dynamics modeling," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 74(2), pages 789-813, November.
- LaBeau, Meredith B. & Robertson, Dale M. & Mayer, Alex S. & Pijanowski, Bryan C. & Saad, David A., 2014. "Effects of future urban and biofuel crop expansions on the riverine export of phosphorus to the Laurentian Great Lakes," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 277(C), pages 27-37.
- Bakker, Craig & Zaitchik, Benjamin F. & Siddiqui, Sauleh & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Broaddus, Elena & Neff, Roni A. & Haskett, Jonathan & Parker, Cindy L., 2018. "Shocks, seasonality, and disaggregation: Modelling food security through the integration of agricultural, transportation, and economic systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 165-184.
- Li, Fei & Zhou, Meijun & Shao, Jiaqi & Qin, Zhangxuan, 2020. "Evolution forms of land systems based on ascendency and overhead: A case study of Shaanxi Province, China," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 419(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Herrendorf, Berthold & Rogerson, Richard & Valentinyi, Ákos, 2014.
"Growth and Structural Transformation,"
Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 6, pages 855-941,
- Richard Rogerson & Akos Valentinyi & Berthold Herrendorf, 2007. "Growth and Structural Transformation," 2007 Meeting Papers 757, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Herrendorf, Berthold & Rogerson, Richard & Valentinyi, Akos, 2013. "Growth and Structural Transformation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9370, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Berthold Herrendorf & Richard Rogerson & Ákos Valentinyi, 2013. "Growth and Structural Transformation," NBER Working Papers 18996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imen Turki Abdelhedi & Sonia Zouari Zouari, 2020. "Agriculture and Food Security in North Africa: a Theoretical and Empirical Approach," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 11(1), pages 193-210, March.
- Montalvo, Jose G. & Ravallion, Martin, 2010.
"The pattern of growth and poverty reduction in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 2-16, March.
- Montalvo, Jose G. & Ravallion, Martin, 2009. "The pattern of growth and poverty reduction in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5069, The World Bank.
- Gaspar, João & Pina, Gilson & Simões, Marta, 2014.
"Agriculture in Portugal: linkages with industry and services,"
Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement (RAEStud), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 95(4).
- Gaspar, João & Pina, Gilson & Simões, Marta, 2014. "Agriculture in Portugal: linkages with industry and services," Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 95(04), pages 437-471, December.
- Joao Gaspar & Gilson Pina & Marta Simoes, 2014. "Agriculture in Portugal: linkages with industry and services," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 95(4), pages 437-471.
- João Gaspar & Gilson Pina & Marta C. N. Simões, 2014. "Agriculture in Portugal: linkages with industry and services," GEMF Working Papers 2014-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- de Souza, Joao Paulo A., 2015. "Evidence of growth complementarity between agriculture and industry in developing countries," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-18.
- Li, Xinyi & Wang, Li & Nettleton, Dan, 2019. "Sparse model identification and learning for ultra-high-dimensional additive partially linear models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 204-228.
- Paul J. Burke & Andrew Leigh, 2010.
"Do Output Contractions Trigger Democratic Change?,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 124-157, October.
- Paul J. Burke & Andrew Leigh, 2010. "Do output contractions trigger democratic change?," CEPR Discussion Papers 633, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Burke, Paul J. & Leigh, Andrew, 2010. "Do Output Contractions Trigger Democratic Change?," IZA Discussion Papers 4808, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ansari, S. A. & Khan, W., 2018. "Relevance of Declining Agriculture in Economic Development of South Asian Countries: An Empirical Analysis," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 10(2).
- J. Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2012.
"Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 994-1028, April.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2009. "Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space," NBER Working Papers 15199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vernon Henderson & Adam Storeygard & David N. Weil, 2009. "Measuring Economic Growth from Outer Space," Working Papers 2009-8, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Loening, Josef & Lane, William Leeds, 2007. "Tanzania: Pilot Rural Investment Climate Assessment. Stimulating Nonfarm Microenterprise Growth," MPRA Paper 24824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2009.
"Are There Lessons for Africa from China's Success Against Poverty?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 303-313, February.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "Are there lessons for africa from China's success against poverty ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4463, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2007. "Tanzania - Pilot Rural Investment Climate Assessment : Stimulating Non-Farm Microenterprise Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7798, The World Bank.
- Roger R. B. Leakey, 2018. "Converting ‘trade-offs’ to ‘trade-ons’ for greatly enhanced food security in Africa: multiple environmental, economic and social benefits from ‘socially modified crops’," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(3), pages 505-524, June.
- Cătălina MOTOFEI, 2020. "Agriculture And Manufacturing Sectors' Impact On The Gross Value Added - A Granger Causality Study For European Union And Romania," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(22), pages 139-145.
- Joseph Phiri & Karel Malec & Socrates Kraido Majune & Seth Nana Kwame Appiah-Kubi & Zdeňka Gebeltová & Mansoor Maitah & Kamil Maitah & Kamal Tasiu Abdullahi, 2020. "Agriculture as a Determinant of Zambian Economic Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(11), pages 1-14, June.
- Fertö, Imre, 2014. "The Structural Transformation in Central and Eastern European Agriculture," CEI Working Paper Series 2014-9, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Munir A. Hanjra & Francis Gichuki, 2008. "Investments in agricultural water management for poverty reduction in Africa: Case studies of Limpopo, Nile, and Volta river basins," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(3), pages 185-202, August.
- Paul A. Dorosh & John W. Mellor, 2013. "Why Agriculture Remains a Viable Means of Poverty Reduction in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Ethiopia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(4), pages 419-441, July.
- Takuma Yoshida, 2021. "Additive models for extremal quantile regression with Pareto-type distributions," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 105(1), pages 103-134, March.
- Bannor, Frank & Dikgang, Johane & Kutela Gelo, Dambala, 2021. "Interdependence between research and development, climate variability and agricultural production: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 105697, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:climat:v:110:y:2012:i:3:p:823-844. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.