Insider behavior under different market structures: experimental evidence on trading patterns, manipulation, and profitability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Simone Alfarano & Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Eva Camacho-Cuena, 2006. "On the role of heterogeneous and imperfect information in a laboratory financial market," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 14(4), pages 417-433, December.
- Chakraborty, Archishman & Yilmaz, Bilge, 2004.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 132-152, January.
- Archishman Chakraborty & Bilge Yilmaz, "undated". "Informed Manipulation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 7-00, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Archishman Chakraborty & Bilge Yilmaz, "undated". "Informed Manipulation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 07-00, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- R. Mark Isaac & Duncan James, 2000. "Asset Markets: How They Are Affected by Tournament Incentives for Individuals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 995-1004, September.
- J. P. Krahnen & C. Rieck & E. Theissen, 1999.
"Insider trading and portfolio structure in experimental asset markets with a long-lived asset,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 29-50.
- Jan Pieter Krahnen & Christian Rieck & Erik Theissen, 1999. "Insider Trading and Portfolio Structure in Experimental Asset Markets with a Long Lived Asset," Working Paper Series: Finance and Accounting 1, Department of Finance, Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Schnitzlein, Charles R, 1996. " Call and Continuous Trading Mechanisms under Asymmetric Information: An Experimental Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 613-636, June.
- Theissen, Erik, 2000. "Market structure, informational efficiency and liquidity: An experimental comparison of auction and dealer markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 333-363, November.
- Tobias Brünner & Rene Levinsky, 2008. "Do prices in the unmediated call auction reflect insider information? - An experimental analysis," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-090, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Olivier Brandouy & Pascal Barneto & Lawrence Leger, 2003. "Asymmetric information, imitative behaviour and communication: price formation in an experimental asset market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(5), pages 393-419.
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Christopher R. Blake, 2003. "Incentive Fees and Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 779-804, April.
- Simone Alfarano & Andrea Morone & Eva Camacho, 2011. "The role of public and private information in a laboratory financial market," Working Papers. Serie AD 2011-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Chevalier, Judith & Ellison, Glenn, 1997.
"Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1167-1200, December.
- Judith A. Chevalier & Glenn D. Ellison, 1995. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," NBER Working Papers 5234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chevalier, J. & Ellison, G., 1996. "Risk Taking by Mutual Funds as a Response to Incentives," Working papers 96-3, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Guth, Werner & Krahnen, Jan P. & Rieck, Christian, 1997. "Financial markets with asymmetric information: A pilot study focusing on insider advantages," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 235-257, April.
- Medrano, Luis Angel & Vives, Xavier, 2001.
"Strategic Behavior and Price Discovery,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(2), pages 221-248, Summer.
- Luis A. Medrano & Xavier Vives, 1997. "Strategic behavior and price discovery," Economics Working Papers 238, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Medrano, Luis Angel & Vives, Xavier, 1997. "Strategic Behaviour and Price Discovery," CEPR Discussion Papers 1768, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luis Angel Medrano & Xavier Vives, 1998. "Strategic Behavior and Price Discovery," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1825, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Daniella Acker & Nigel W. Duck, 2006. "A Tournament Model of Fund Management," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(9-10), pages 1460-1483.
- Michael J. Fishman & Kathleen M. Hagerty, 1992. "Insider Trading and the Efficiency of Stock Prices," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(1), pages 106-122, Spring.
- Garfinkel, Jon A. & Nimalendran, M., 2003. "Market Structure and Trader Anonymity: An Analysis of Insider Trading," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(03), pages 591-610, September.
- Charles R. Schnitzlein, 2002. "Price Formation and Market Quality When the Number and Presence of Insiders Is Unknown," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 15(4), pages 1077-1109.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Stöckl & Stefan Palan, 2018. "Catch me if you can. Can human observers identify insiders in asset markets?," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2018-01, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Jürgen Fleiß & Stefan Palan, 2015. "Collaborative decision systems in economics and in complex societal and environmental applications," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 23(2), pages 279-282, June.
More about this item
KeywordsInsider trading; Call auction; Continuous double auction; Transparency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:cejnor:v:23:y:2015:i:2:p:357-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .