Strategic Behavior and Price Discovery
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Luis A. Medrano & Xavier Vives, 1997. "Strategic behavior and price discovery," Economics Working Papers 238, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Medrano, Luis Angel & Vives, Xavier, 1997. "Strategic Behaviour and Price Discovery," CEPR Discussion Papers 1768, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Colin F. Camerer, 1998. "Can Asset Markets Be Manipulated? A Field Experiment with Racetrack Betting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(3), pages 457-482, June.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean-Luc Vila, 1994. "Insider Trading without Normality," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, pages 131-152.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Maskin, Eric S, 1990. "The Efficient Market Hypothesis and Insider Trading on the Stock Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 70-93, February.
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2008.
"Market Manipulation, Bubbles, Corners, and Short Squeezes,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 6, pages 105-130
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jarrow, Robert A., 1992. "Market Manipulation, Bubbles, Corners, and Short Squeezes," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(03), pages 311-336, September.
- Kumar, Praveen & Seppi, Duane J, 1992. " Futures Manipulation with "Cash Settlement."," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1485-1502, September.
- Keim, Donald B. & Madhavan, Ananth, 1995. "Anatomy of the trading process Empirical evidence on the behavior of institutional traders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 371-398, March.
- Roland Benabou & Guy Laroque, 1992.
"Using Privileged Information to Manipulate Markets: Insiders, Gurus, and Credibility,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 921-958.
- Benabou, R. & Laroque, G., 1988. "Using Privileged Information To Manipulate Markets: Insiders, Gurus And Credibility," Papers 19, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Benabou, R. & Laroque, G., 1989. "Using Privileged Information To Manipulate Markets: Insiders, Gurus, And Credibility," Working papers 513, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Charles Cao & Eric Ghysels & Frank Hatheway, 1998. "Why Is the Bid Price Greater than the Ask? Price Discovery during the Nasdaq Pre-Opening," CIRANO Working Papers 98s-14, CIRANO.
- Foster, F. Douglas & Viswanathan, S., 1994. "Strategic Trading with Asymmetrically Informed Traders and Long-Lived Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(04), pages 499-518, December.
- Gould, John P & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1985. "The Information Content of Specialist Pricing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(1), pages 66-83, February.
- Vila, Jean-Luc, 1989. "Simple games of market manipulation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 21-26.
- Jordan, J. S., 1982. "A dynamic model of expectations equilibrium," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 235-254, December.
- Ma, Ching-To Albert & Manove, Michael, 1993.
"Bargaining with Deadlines and Imperfect Player Control,"
Econometric Society, pages 1313-1339.
- Ching-to Albert Ma & Michael Manove, 1991. "Bargaining with Deadlines and Imperfect Player Control," Papers 0007, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Jordan, J. S., 1985. "Learning rational expectations: The finite state case," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 257-276, August.
- Holden, Craig W. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1994. "Risk aversion, imperfect competition, and long-lived information," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 181-190.
- Back, Kerry, 1992. "Insider Trading in Continuous Time," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(3), pages 387-409.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Panchapagesan, Venkatesh, 2000. "Price Discovery in Auction Markets: A Look Inside the Black Box," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 627-658.
- Oliver D. Hart, 1977. "On The Profitability of Speculation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(4), pages 579-597.
- Fishman, Michael J & Hagerty, Kathleen M, 1995. "The Mandatory Disclosure of Trades and Market Liquidity," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 637-676.
- Colin Camerer, 1998. "Can asset markets be manipulated? A field experiment with racetrack betting," Natural Field Experiments 00222, The Field Experiments Website.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eaves, James & Williams, Jeffrey & Power, Gabriel J., 2016. "Do traders strategically time their pledges during real-world Walrasian auctions?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 109-118.
- Chester Spatt, 2014. "Security Market Manipulation," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 405-418, December.
- Bruno Biais & Pierre Hillion & Chester Spatt, 1999. "Price Discovery and Learning during the Preopening Period in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1218-1248, December.
- Werner Stanzl & Gur Huberman, 2000. "Arbitrage-Free Price-Update and Price-Impact Functions," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm164, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2001.
- Biais, Bruno & Glosten, Larry & Spatt, Chester, 2005.
"Market microstructure: A survey of microfoundations, empirical results, and policy implications,"
Journal of Financial Markets,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 217-264, May.
- Biais, Bruno & Glosten, Larry & Spatt, Chester, 2004. "Market Microstructure: A Survey of Microfoundations, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications," IDEI Working Papers 253, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Philipp Hornung & Ulrike Leopold-Wildburger & Roland Mestel & Stefan Palan, 2015. "Insider behavior under different market structures: experimental evidence on trading patterns, manipulation, and profitability," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 23(2), pages 357-373, June.
- Comerton-Forde, Carole & Rydge, James, 2006. "The influence of call auction algorithm rules on market efficiency," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 199-222, May.
- Anagnostidis, Panagiotis & Kanas, Angelos & Papachristou, George, 2015. "Information revelation in the Greek exchange opening call: Daily and intraday evidence," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 167-184.
- Tapia Torres, Miguel Ángel & Brusco, Sandro & Manzano, Carolina, 2003. "Price discovery in the pre-opening period. theory and evidence from the madrid stock exchange," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb035814, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Ryan Davies, 2000. "Registered trader participation during the Toronto Stock Exchange's pre-opening session," Working Papers 997, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:finmar:v:35:y:2017:i:c:p:104-129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ottaviani, Marco & Sørensen, Peter Norman, 2003.
"Late Informed Betting and the Favourite-Longshot Bias,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4092, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Ottaviani & Peter Norman Sørensen, 2003. "Late Informed Betting and the Favorite-Longshot Bias," Discussion Papers 03-33, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Stefan Palan & Thomas Stöckl, 2014. "When chasing the offender hurts the victim: Collateral damage from insider legislation," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2014-03, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Bellia, Mario & Pelizzon, Loriana & Subrahmanyam, Marti & Uno, Jun & Yuferova, Darya, 2017. "Coming early to the party," SAFE Working Paper Series 182, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Hendershott, Terrence, 2008. "A comparison of trading and non-trading mechanisms for price discovery," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 839-849, December.
- Davies, Ryan J., 2003. "The Toronto Stock Exchange preopening session," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 491-516, August.
More about this item
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:harver:1825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ieharus.html .