The Impact of Mass Incarceration on the Lives of African American Women
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Avio, 1998. "The Economics of Prisons," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 143-175, September.
- Holzer, Harry J., 2007. "Collateral Costs: The Effects of Incarceration on the Employment and Earnings of Young Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 3118, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holzer, Harry J & Raphael, Steven & Stoll, Michael A, 2006. "Perceived Criminality, Criminal Background Checks, and the Racial Hiring Practices of Employers," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 49(2), pages 451-480, October.
- Patrick Bayer & Randi Hjalmarsson & David Pozen, 2009.
"Building Criminal Capital behind Bars: Peer Effects in Juvenile Corrections,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(1), pages 105-147.
- Patrick Bayer & Randi Hjalmarsson & David Pozen, 2007. "Building Criminal Capital behind Bars: Peer Effects in Juvenile Corrections," NBER Working Papers 12932, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farley Grubb, 2001. "The Market Evaluation of Criminality: Evidence from the Auction of British Convict Labor in America, 1767-1775," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 295-304, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robynn Cox, 2016. "The Effect of Private Sector Work Opportunities in Prison on Labor Market Outcomes of the Formerly Incarcerated," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 412-440, December.
More about this item
KeywordsIncarceration; Imprisonment; African American women; Employment; Health; Collateral consequences; Family;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:blkpoe:v:39:y:2012:i:2:p:203-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .