Model selection and prediction: Normal regression
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard, 1981.
"Estimating regression models of finite but unknown order,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 162-162, May.
- Geweke, John F & Meese, Richard, 1981. "Estimating Regression Models of Finite but Unknown Order," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(1), pages 55-70, February.
- Kohn, Robert, 1983. "Consistent Estimation of Minimal Subset Dimension," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 367-376, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivan Chang, Yuan-Chin & Huang, Yufen & Huang, Yu-Pai, 2010. "Early stopping in L2Boosting," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 2203-2213, October.
- Ching-Kang Ing, 2005. "Accumulated Prediction Errors, Information Criteria And Optimal Forecasting For Autoregressive Time Series," Econometrics 0503020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schorfheide, Frank, 2005. "VAR forecasting under misspecification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 99-136, September.
- Zhang, Yongli & Yang, Yuhong, 2015. "Cross-validation for selecting a model selection procedure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 187(1), pages 95-112.
- Ching-Kang Ing & Chiao-Yi Yang, 2014. "Predictor Selection for Positive Autoregressive Processes," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 109(505), pages 243-253, March.
- Ng, Serena, 2013. "Variable Selection in Predictive Regressions," Handbook of Economic Forecasting, in: G. Elliott & C. Granger & A. Timmermann (ed.), Handbook of Economic Forecasting, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 752-789, Elsevier.
- Rudolf Beran, 1996. "Confidence sets centered at C p -estimators," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 48(1), pages 1-15, March.
More about this item
KeywordsModel selection; prediction lower bound; accumulated prediction error (APE); AIC; BIC; FPE; stochastic complexity; overfit and underfit probability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:45:y:1993:i:1:p:35-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.