Ein neues Bankinsolvenzrecht für die Schweiz
In Switzerland, new bank insolvency legislation is under consideration. The article compares the proposed regulation with the rules that would be optimal from an economic point of view. Optimal rules are a compromise between value maximization and absolute priority on the one hand (ex post optimality), and the avoidance of perverse incentives on the other (ex ante optimality). Existing Swiss rules are severely deficient in these respects. In contrast, the proposed revision is a reasonable approximation to an economic optimum in some respects, while it deviates from it in others.
Volume (Year): 139 (2003)
Issue (Month): II (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich|
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992.
"The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform,"
NBER Working Papers
4097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver D. Hart & John Moore, 1994. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," NBER Chapters, in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 2: Restructuring, pages 215-244 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 523-46, October.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," CEP Discussion Papers dp0093, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Aghion, P. & Hart, O. & Moore, J., 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," Working papers 92-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion, Patrick Bolton & Steven Fries, 1999. "Optimal Design of Bank Bailouts: The Case of Transition Economies," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(1), pages 51-51, March.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk & Howard F. Chang, 1991.
"Bargaining and the Division of Value in Corporate Reorganization,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Ayre & Chang, Howard F, 1992. "Bargaining and the Division of Value in Corporate Reorganization," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 253-79, April.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated".
"Law and Finance,"
19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Povel, Paul, 1999.
"Optimal "Soft" or "Tough" Bankruptcy Procedures,"
98-31, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1998. "Financial Contagion Journal of Political Economy," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-31, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Michelle White, 2002. "Sovereigns in Distress: Do They Need Bankruptcy?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(1), pages 287-320.
- Oliver Hart & Rafael La Porta Drago & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & John Moore, 1997.
"A New Bankruptcy Procedure that Uses Multiple Auctions,"
NBER Working Papers
6278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver & La Porta Drago, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Moore, John, 1997. "A new bankruptcy procedure that uses multiple auctions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 461-473, April.
- Pierre Mella-Barral & William R M Perraudin, 1993.
"Strategic Debt Service,"
CEPR Financial Markets Paper
0039, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ..
- Pulvino, Todd C., 1999. "Effects of bankruptcy court protection on asset sales," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 151-186, May.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1999.
"Prices and the Winner's Curse,"
Game Theory and Information
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2003-ii-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.