Ein neues Bankinsolvenzrecht für die Schweiz
In Switzerland, new bank insolvency legislation is under consideration. The article compares the proposed regulation with the rules that would be optimal from an economic point of view. Optimal rules are a compromise between value maximization and absolute priority on the one hand (ex post optimality), and the avoidance of perverse incentives on the other (ex ante optimality). Existing Swiss rules are severely deficient in these respects. In contrast, the proposed revision is a reasonable approximation to an economic optimum in some respects, while it deviates from it in others.
Volume (Year): 139 (2003)
Issue (Month): II (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/o SNB/BNS, Börsenstrasse 15, PO Box 2800, CH-8022 Zürich|
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aghion, P. & Hart, O. & Moore, J., 1992.
"The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform,"
92-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aghion, Philippe & Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 523-46, October.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver D. Hart & John Moore, 1994. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," NBER Chapters, in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 2: Restructuring, pages 215-244 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," CEP Discussion Papers dp0093, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," NBER Working Papers 4097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Hart & Rafael La Porta Drago & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & John Moore, 1997.
"A New Bankruptcy Procedure that Uses Multiple Auctions,"
NBER Working Papers
6278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver & La Porta Drago, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Moore, John, 1997. "A new bankruptcy procedure that uses multiple auctions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 461-473, April.
- Michelle White, 2002. "Sovereigns in Distress: Do They Need Bankruptcy?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(1), pages 287-320.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk & Howard F. Chang, 1991.
"Bargaining and the Division of Value in Corporate Reorganization,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Ayre & Chang, Howard F, 1992. "Bargaining and the Division of Value in Corporate Reorganization," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 253-79, April.
- Paul Klemperer & Jeremy Bulow, 1998.
"Prices and the Winners Curse,"
Economics Series Working Papers
1998-W02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pulvino, Todd C., 1999. "Effects of bankruptcy court protection on asset sales," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 151-186, May.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Philippe Aghion, Patrick Bolton & Steven Fries, 1999. "Optimal Design of Bank Bailouts: The Case of Transition Economies," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(1), pages 51-, March.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1998. "Financial Contagion Journal of Political Economy," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 98-31, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Povel, Paul, 1999. "Optimal "Soft" or "Tough" Bankruptcy Procedures," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 659-84, October.
- Mella-Barral, Pierre & Perraudin, William, 1997.
" Strategic Debt Service,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 531-56, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2003-ii-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.