A new bankruptcy procedure that uses multiple auctions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Oliver Hart & Rafael La Porta Drago & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & John Moore, 1997. "A New Bankruptcy Procedure that Uses Multiple Auctions," NBER Working Papers 6278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kose John, 1993. "Managing Financial Distress and Valuing Distressed Securities: A Survey and a Research Agenda," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 22(3), Fall.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver D. Hart & John Moore, 1994.
"The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Transition in Eastern Europe, Volume 2: Restructuring, pages 215-244
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," NBER Working Papers 4097, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," CEP Discussion Papers dp0093, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Aghion, P. & Hart, O. & Moore, J., 1992. "The Economics of Bankruptcy Reform," Working papers 92-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1113-1155, December.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nuri Ersahin, 2018. "Creditor Rights, Technology Adoption, and Productivity: Plant-Level Evidence," Working Papers 18-20, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye, 2000.
"Using options to divide value in corporate bankruptcy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 829-843, May.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk, 2000. "Using Options to Divide Value in Corporate Bankruptcy," NBER Working Papers 7614, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald B. Hausch & S. Ramachandran, 2000. "Systemic Financial Distress and Auction-Based Bankruptcy Reorganization," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1423, Econometric Society.
- Aloisio Araujo, 2002.
"As Leis de Falência: uma Abordagem Econômica,"
Working Papers Series
57, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de, 2003. "As leis de falência: uma abordagem econômica," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 474, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Alberto E. Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2006. "Corporate Governance and Firm Value in Mexico," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1587, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Nuri Ersahin, 2017. "Creditor Rights, Technology Adoption, and Productivity: Plant-Level Evidence," Working Papers 17-36, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Michelle J. White, 2005. "Economic Analysis of Corporate and Personal Bankruptcy Law," NBER Working Papers 11536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cargill, Thomas F. & Parker, Elliott, 2002. "Asian finance and the role of bankruptcy: a model of the transition costs of financial liberalization," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 297-318.
- Alexander Dilger, 2006. "Forced to make mistakes: Reasons for complaining about Bebchuk's scheme and other market-oriented insolvency procedures," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 79-94, January.
- Araújo, Aloísio Pessoa de & Funchal, Bruno, 2005. "Past and future of the bankruptcy law in Brazil and Latin America," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 599, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2002. "The Politics of Legal Reform," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 91-152, January.
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2016. "Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmström: Contract Theory," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2016-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Hausch, Donald B. & Ramachandran, S., 1999. "Bankruptcy reorganization through markets : Auction-based Creditor Ordering by Reducing Debts (ACCORD)," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2230, The World Bank.
- Zakolyukina Anastasia, 2006. "Bankrtuptcy in Russia: External Management Performance," EERC Working Paper Series 06-09e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Nadine Levratto, 2007. "Legal vs economic explanations of the rise in bankruptcies in XIXth century France," EconomiX Working Papers 2007-35, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Eduard Marinov, 2016. "The 2016 Nobel Prize in Economics," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 6, pages 97-149.
- Hausch, Donald B. & Ramachandran, S., 2009. "Systemic financial distress and auction-based bankruptcy reorganization," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 366-380, June.
- Oliver Hart, 2000. "Different Approaches to Bankruptcy," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1903, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- R. Fischer & C. Bonilla, 2004. "Endogenous Credit Constraints and Factor Market Rigidities: the case of Bankruptcy," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 240, Econometric Society.
- Felipe Balmaceda & Ronald Fischer, 2006. "Performance of an economy with credit constraints, bankruptcy and labor inflexibility," Documentos de Trabajo 222, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Chad Leechor, 1999. "Innovations in Bankruptcy—Pricing the Priority of Insolvency Claims," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11464, The World Bank.
- Urs W. Birchler & Dominik Egli, 2003. "Ein neues Bankinsolvenzrecht für die Schweiz," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 139(II), pages 125-154, June.
More about this item
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eecrev:v:41:y:1997:i:3-5:p:461-473. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.