Displacement through development? Property turnover and eviction risk in Seattle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McKinnish, Terra & Walsh, Randall & Kirk White, T., 2010.
"Who gentrifies low-income neighborhoods?,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 180-193, March.
- McKinnish, Terra & Walsh, Randall & White, T. Kirk, 2007. "Who Gentrifies Low-income Neighborhoods?," MPRA Paper 6671, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2007.
- Terra McKinnish & Randall Walsh & T. Kirk White, 2008. "Who Gentrifies Low Income Neighborhoods?," Working Papers 08-02, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Terra McKinnish & Randall Walsh & Kirk White, 2008. "Who Gentrifies Low-Income Neighborhoods?," NBER Working Papers 14036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sue Easton & Loretta Lees & Phil Hubbard & Nicholas Tate, 2020. "Measuring and mapping displacement: The problem of quantification in the battle against gentrification," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 57(2), pages 286-306, February.
- Dan Immergluck & Jeff Ernsthausen & Stephanie Earl & Allison Powell, 2020. "Evictions, large owners, and serial filings: findings from Atlanta," Housing Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 903-924, May.
- Tom Slater, 2009. "Missing Marcuse: On gentrification and displacement," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2-3), pages 292-311, June.
- Ding, Lei & Hwang, Jackelyn & Divringi, Eileen, 2016. "Gentrification and residential mobility in Philadelphia," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 38-51.
- Jason Hackworth, 2001. "Inner-City Real Estate Investment, Gentrification, and Economic Recession in New York City," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 33(5), pages 863-880, May.
- Maria Khristine Alvarez & Kenneth Cardenas, 2019. "Evicting Slums, ‘Building Back Better’: Resiliency Revanchism and Disaster Risk Management in Manila," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 227-249, March.
- Vicki Been & Ingrid Gould Ellen & Katherine O’Regan, 2019. "Supply Skepticism: Housing Supply and Affordability," Housing Policy Debate, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 25-40, January.
- Vásquez-Vera, Hugo & Palència, Laia & Magna, Ingrid & Mena, Carlos & Neira, Jaime & Borrell, Carme, 2017. "The threat of home eviction and its effects on health through the equity lens: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 199-208.
- Manissa M. Maharawal & Erin McElroy, 2018. "The Anti-Eviction Mapping Project: Counter Mapping and Oral History toward Bay Area Housing Justice," Annals of the American Association of Geographers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 108(2), pages 380-389, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brian Asquith & Evan Mast & Davin Reed, 2019.
"Supply Shock Versus Demand Shock: The Local Effects of New Housing in Low-Income Areas,"
Upjohn Working Papers
19-316, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Brian Asquith & Evan Mast & Davin Reed, 2020. "Supply Shock Versus Demand Shock: The Local Effects of New Housing in Low-Income Areas," Working Papers 20-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Benjamin Preis & Aarthi Janakiraman & Alex Bob & Justin Steil, 2021. "Mapping gentrification and displacement pressure: An exploration of four distinct methodologies," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 58(2), pages 405-424, February.
- Shadi O. Tehrani & Shuling J. Wu & Jennifer D. Roberts, 2019. "The Color of Health: Residential Segregation, Light Rail Transit Developments, and Gentrification in the United States," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 16(19), pages 1-19, September.
- Cody Hochstenbach & Wouter PC van Gent, 2015. "An anatomy of gentrification processes: variegating causes of neighbourhood change," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 47(7), pages 1480-1501, July.
- Elizabeth Delmelle & Isabelle Nilsson, 2020. "New rail transit stations and the out-migration of low-income residents," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 57(1), pages 134-151, January.
- Jeffrey Lin, 2017. "Understanding Gentrification’s Causes," Economic Insights, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, vol. 2(3), pages 9-17, July.
- Tim Winke, 2021. "Housing affordability sets us apart: The effect of rising housing prices on relocation behaviour," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 58(12), pages 2389-2404, September.
- Guy Baeten & Sara Westin & Emil Pull & Irene Molina, 2017. "Pressure and violence: Housing renovation and displacement in Sweden," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 49(3), pages 631-651, March.
- Jeremy Auerbach & Christopher Blackburn & Hayley Barton & Amanda Meng & Ellen Zegura, 2020. "Coupling data science with community crowdsourcing for urban renewal policy analysis: An evaluation of Atlantaâ€™s Anti-Displacement Tax Fund," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 47(6), pages 1081-1097, July.
- Dragan, Kacie & Ellen, Ingrid Gould & Glied, Sherry, 2020. "Does gentrification displace poor children and their families? New evidence from medicaid data in New York City," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C).
- Berrebi, Simon J. & Watkins, Kari E., 2020. "Who’s ditching the bus?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 21-34.
- Ismail, Muhammad & Warsame, Abukar & Wilhelmsson, Mats, 2020. "Measuring Gentrification with Getis-Ord Statistics and Its Effect on Housing Prices in Neighboring Areas: The Case of Stockholm," Working Paper Series 20/19, Royal Institute of Technology, Department of Real Estate and Construction Management & Banking and Finance.
- Derek Hyra, 2015. "The back-to-the-city movement: Neighbourhood redevelopment and processes of political and cultural displacement," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(10), pages 1753-1773, August.
- Lei Ding & Jackelyn Hwang, 2016. "The Consequences of Gentrification: A Focus on Residents’ Financial Health in Philadelphia," Working Papers 16-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Zawadi Rucks-Ahidiana, 2021. "Racial composition and trajectories of gentrification in the United States," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 58(13), pages 2721-2741, October.
- Waights, Sevrin, 2018.
"Does gentrification displace poor households? An ‘identification-via-interaction’ approach,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
88691, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sevrin Waights, 2018. "Does gentrification displace poor households? An 'identification-via-interaction' approach," CEP Discussion Papers dp1540, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Christopher Rick & Jeehee Han & Spencer Shanholtz & Amy Ellen Schwartz, 2022. "Examining the Link Between Gentrification, Children’s Egocentric Food Environment, and Obesity," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 245, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Susane Leguizamon & David Christafore, 2021. "The influence of land use regulation on the probability that low-income neighbourhoods will gentrify," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 58(5), pages 993-1013, April.
- Ding, Lei & Hwang, Jackelyn, 2020. "Effects of gentrification on homeowners: Evidence from a natural experiment," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C).
- Atuesta, Laura H. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2019. "Housing appreciation patterns in low-income neighborhoods: Exploring gentrification in Chicago," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 35-47.
More about this item
Keywordsdemoviction/renoviction; displacement/gentrification; eviction; housing; redevelopment/regeneration;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:urbstu:v:59:y:2022:i:6:p:1148-1166. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/urbanstudiesjournal .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/urbanstudiesjournal .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.