An Application of a Stated Preference Method to Value Urban Amenities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. " Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-462, July.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1978. "Family Migration Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(5), pages 749-773, October.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2008.
"Compensating differentials in emerging labor and housing markets: Estimates of quality of life in Russian cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 25-55, January.
- Berger, Mark C. & Blomquist, Glenn C. & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2003. "Compensating Differentials in Emerging Labor and Housing Markets: Estimates of Quality of Life in Russian Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 900, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stuart A. Gabriel & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2004.
"Quality of the Business Environment Versus Quality of Life: Do Firms and Households Like the Same Cities?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 438-444, February.
- Stuart Gabriel & Stuart S. Rosenthal, 2003. "Quality of the Business Environment Versus Quality of Life: Do Firms and Households Like the Same Cities?," Working Paper 8615, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Beeson, Patricia E & Eberts, Randall W, 1989.
"Identifying Productivity and Amenity Effects in Interurban Wage Differentials,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 71(3), pages 443-452, August.
- Patricia E. Beeson & Randall W. Eberts, 1987. "Identifying productivity and amenity effects in interurban wage differentials," Working Paper 8707, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Rosenberger, Randall S. & Peterson, George L. & Clarke, Andrea & Brown, Thomas C., 2003. "Measuring dispositions for lexicographic preferences of environmental goods: integrating economics, psychology and ethics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 63-76, February.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Graves, Philip E., 1976. "A reexamination of migration, economic opportunity, and the quality of life," MPRA Paper 19918, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard T. Carson & Robert Cameron Mitchell, 1993. "The Issue of Scope in Contingent Valuation Studies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(5), pages 1263-1267.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen, 1954. "Choice, Expectations and Measurability," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(4), pages 503-534.
- Graves, Philip E., 1980. "Migration and climate," MPRA Paper 19916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jack L. Knetsch, 1963. "Outdoor Recreation Demands and Benefits," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(4), pages 387-396.
- Mark Partridge & Dan Rickman, 1997. "The Dispersion of US State Unemployment Rates: The Role of Market and Non-market Equilibrium Factors," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(6), pages 593-606.
- Lockwood, Michael, 1996. "Non-Compensatory Preference Structures In Non-Market Valuation Of Natural Area Policy," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-17, August.
- John P. Hoehn, 1991. "Valuing the Multidimensional Impacts of Environmental Policy: Theory and Methods," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(2), pages 289-299.
- Colwell, Peter F. & Dehring, Carolyn A. & Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 2002. "Recreation Demand and Residential Location," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 418-428, May.
- Paul G. Althaus, 2004. "A Life-cycle Model of Locational Choice in a Two-region Economy," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 351-366.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Kahn, Matthew & Tracy, Joseph, 1999. "Quality of life and environmental comparisons," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 37, pages 1413-1454 Elsevier.
- Harrison, Glenn W., 1992. "Valuing public goods with the contingent valuation method: A critique of kahneman and knetsch," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 248-257, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ivanova, Galina & Rolfe, John, 2011. "Assessing development options in mining communities using stated preference techniques," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 255-264, September.
- John Winters, 2013.
"Differences in quality of life estimates using rents and home values,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 51(2), pages 377-409, October.
- Winters, John V, 2010. "Differences in Quality of Life Estimates Using Rents and Home Values," MPRA Paper 22455, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winters, John V., 2012. "Differences in Quality of Life Estimates Using Rents and Home Values," IZA Discussion Papers 6703, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:urbstu:v:47:y:2010:i:2:p:235-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/urbanstudiesjournal .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.