Qualitative Methods and Visualizations in the Study of Friendship Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarah L. Jack, 2005. "The Role, Use and Activation of Strong and Weak Network Ties: A Qualitative Analysis," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(6), pages 1233-1259, September.
- Louise Ryan & Jon Mulholland & Agnes Agoston, 2014. "Talking Ties: Reflecting on Network Visualisation and Qualitative Interviewing," Sociological Research Online, , vol. 19(2), pages 1-12, May.
- Paola Tubaro & Louise Ryan & Alessio D'angelo, 2016. "The Visual Sociogram in Qualitative and Mixed-Methods Research," Sociological Research Online, , vol. 21(2), pages 180-197, May.
- Jan Fuhse & Sophie Mützel, 2011. "Tackling connections, structure, and meaning in networks: quantitative and qualitative methods in sociological network research," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(5), pages 1067-1089, August.
- Chiu, Lai Fong & West, Robert M., 2007. "Health intervention in social context: Understanding social networks and neighbourhood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(9), pages 1915-1927, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1095 is not listed on IDEAS
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Manning, Stephan, 2017. "The rise of project network organizations: Building core teams and flexible partner pools for interorganizational projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1399-1415.
- Jeanâ€“Luc Arregle & Bat Batjargal & Michael A. Hitt & Justin W. Webb & Toyah Miller & Anne S. Tsui, 2015. "Family Ties in Entrepreneursâ€™ Social Networks and New Venture Growth," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 39(2), pages 313-344, March.
- Lavlu Mozumdar & Geoffrey Hagelaar & Valentina C. Materia & S. W. F. Omta & Mohammad Amirul Islam & Gerben Velde, 2019. "Embeddedness or Over-Embeddedness? Women Entrepreneurs’ Networks and Their Influence on Business Performance," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 31(5), pages 1449-1469, December.
- Xaver Neumeyer & Susana C. Santos & Michael H. Morris, 2019. "Who is left out: exploring social boundaries in entrepreneurial ecosystems," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 462-484, April.
- Alessio D'angelo & Louise Ryan & Paola Tubaro, 2016. "Visualization in Mixed-Methods Research on Social Networks," Sociological Research Online, , vol. 21(2), pages 148-151, May.
- Ronaldo Tavares Souza, 2020. "Box-scheme as alternative food network—the economic integration between consumers and producers," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 8(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Li, Haiyan, 2020. "Role of overseas ethnic and non-ethnic ties and firm activity in the home country in the internationalization of returnee entrepreneurial firms," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(1).
- Chen, Liang-Chih, 2015. "Building extra-regional networks for regional innovation systems: Taiwan's machine tool industry in China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 107-117.
- Iovino, Felicetta & Migliaccio, Guido, 2019. "Energy companies and sizes: An opportunity? Some empirical evidences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 431-439.
- McKeever, Edward & Jack, Sarah & Anderson, Alistair, 2015. "Embedded entrepreneurship in the creative re-construction of place," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 50-65.
- Richard T. Harrison & Colin M. Mason, 2007. "Does Gender Matter? Women Business Angels and the Supply of Entrepreneurial Finance," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 31(3), pages 445-472, May.
- Smith, Delmonize A. & Lohrke, Franz T., 2008. "Entrepreneurial network development: Trusting in the process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 315-322, April.
- Feng-Wen Chen & Meng-Xian Lin & Ting Wang, 2018. "Sustainable Resource Acquisition Path: A Dynamic Model of Embedded Entrepreneurial Network Governance under Uncertainty," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-25, November.
- Kirschbaum, Charles, 2013. "A 'Nested Narratives' Project: theoretical grounding and methodological implications," Insper Working Papers wpe_308, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Elvin Afandi & Majid Kermani & Fuad Mammadov, 2017.
"Social capital and entrepreneurial process,"
International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 685-716, September.
- Elvin Afandi & Majid Kermani & Fuad Mammadov, 0. "Social capital and entrepreneurial process," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-32.
- Eric Gedajlovic & Benson Honig & Curt B. Moore & G. Tyge Payne & Mike Wright, 2013. "Social Capital and Entrepreneurship: A Schema and Research Agenda," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 37(3), pages 455-478, May.
- Ratinen, Mari, 2019. "Social embeddedness of policy actors. The failure of consumer-owned wind energy in Finland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 735-743.
- MariÃ«tte Kaandorp & Elco van Burg & Tomas Karlsson, 2020. "Initial Networking Processes of Student Entrepreneurs: The Role of Action and Evaluation," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 44(3), pages 527-556, May.
- Huber, Franz, 2013. "Knowledge-sourcing of R&D workers in different job positions: Contextualising external personal knowledge networks," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 167-179.
- Kontinen, Tanja & Ojala, Arto, 2011. "Network ties in the international opportunity recognition of family SMEs," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 440-453, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEgonets; Social Network Analysis; In-Depth Interviews; Network Visualization; Mixed Methods; Friendship;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:socres:v:21:y:2016:i:2:p:198-216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.