The Impact of Prior Entrepreneurial Exposure on Perceptions of New Venture Feasibility and Desirability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sheppard, Blair H & Hartwick, Jon & Warshaw, Paul R, 1988. "The Theory of Reasoned Action: A Meta-analysis of Past Research with Recommendations for Modifications and Future Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 325-343, December.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Woo, Carolyn Y. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1988. "Entrepreneurs' perceived chances for success," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 97-108.
- Charles I. Stubbart, 1989. "Managerial Cognition: A Missing Link In Strategic Management Research," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 325-347, July.
- Robert F. Scherer & Janet S. Adams & Susan S. Carley & Frank A. Wiebe, 1989. "Role Model Performance Effects on Development of Entrepreneurial Career Preference," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 13(3), pages 53-72, April.
- Neil C. Churchill & Alan L. Carsrud & Connie Marie Gaglio & Kenneth W. Olm, 1987. "Entrepreneursâ€“-Mentors, Networks, and Successful New Venture Development: An Exploratory Study," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 12(2), pages 13-18, October.
- Thomas S. Bateman & Carl P. Zeithaml, 1989. "The psychological context of strategic decisions: A model and convergent experimental findings," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 59-74, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Laffineur, Catherine & Dubard Barbosa, Saulo & Fayolle, Alain & Montmartin, Benjamin, 2020. "The unshackled entrepreneur: Occupational determinants of entrepreneurial effort," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(5).
- Lowell W. Busenitz & Douglas D. Moesel & James O. Fiet & Jay B. Barney, 1997. "The Framing of Perceptions of Fairness in the Relationship between Venture Capitalists and New Venture Teams," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 21(3), pages 5-22, April.
- Lowell W. Busenitz & Chung-Ming Lau, 1996. "A Cross-Cultural Cognitive Model of New Venture Creation," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 20(4), pages 25-40, July.
- R. Murugesan & R. Jayavelu, 2017. "The Influence of Big Five Personality Traits and Self-efficacy on Entrepreneurial Intention: The Role of Gender," Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Emerging Economies, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, vol. 3(1), pages 41-61, January.
- Moore, Don A. & Cain, Daylian M., 2007. "Overconfidence and underconfidence: When and why people underestimate (and overestimate) the competition," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 197-213, July.
- Tran Huy Phuong & Thanh Trung Hieu, 2015. "Predictors of Entrepreneurial Intentions of Undergraduate Students in Vietnam: An Empirical Study," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 5(8), pages 46-55, August.
- Michele Dell'Era & Luis Santos-Pinto, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Overconfidence, Self-Financing and Capital Market Efficiency," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 11.06, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie, revised Nov 2012.
- Catherine Viot & Caroline Bayart & Agnes Lancini, 2017. "The Consumer Intention to Adopt Smart Connected-Products: Does the Category Matter?," Post-Print hal-01991186, HAL.
- T. K. Das & Bing-Sheng Teng, 1998. "Time and Entrepreneurial Risk Behavior," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 22(2), pages 69-88, January.
- Brice Corgnet, 2010. "Team Formation and Self‐serving Biases," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 117-135, March.
- Brigitte Charles-Pauvers & Nathalie Schieb-Bienfait & Caroline Urbain, 2004. "La compétence du créateur d’entreprise innovante : quelles interrogations?," Post-Print hal-01416605, HAL.
- Dell’Era, Michele & Opromolla, Luca David & Santos-Pinto,, 2018.
"A General Equilibrium Theory of Occupational Choice under Optimistic Beliefs about Entrepreneurial Ability,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
13225, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michele Dell'Era & Luca David Opromolla & Luís Santos-Pinto, 2018. "A General Equilibrium Theory of Occupational Choice under Optimistic Beliefs about Entrepreneurial Ability," CESifo Working Paper Series 7300, CESifo.
- Michelle Dell’Era & Luca David Opromolla & Luís Santos-Pinto, 2018. "A General Equilibrium Theory of Occupational Choice under Optimistic Beliefs about Entrepreneurial Ability," Working Papers REM 2018/50, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Michele Dell'Era & Luca David Opromolla & Luis Santos-Pinto, 2018. "A General Equilibrium Theory of Occupational Choice under Optimistic Beliefs about Entrepreneurial Ability," GEE Papers 0111, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Oct 2018.
- Luca David Opromolla & Michele Dell'Era & Luís Santos-Pinto, 2018. "A General Equilibrium Theory of Occupational Choice under Optimistic Beliefs about Entrepreneurial Ability," Working Papers w201822, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Paul Juinn Bing Tan, 2013. "Applying the UTAUT to Understand Factors Affecting the Use of English E-Learning Websites in Taiwan," SAGE Open, , vol. 3(4), pages 21582440135, October.
- Venkatesh, Viswanath & Maruping, Likoebe M. & Brown, Susan A., 2006. "Role of time in self-prediction of behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 160-176, July.
- Nan Langowitz & Maria Minniti, 2007. "The Entrepreneurial Propensity of Women," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 31(3), pages 341-364, May.
- Michael Manove & A. Jorge Padilla & Marco Pagano, 1998.
"Collateral vs. Project Screening: A Model of Lazy Banks,"
CSEF Working Papers
10, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Manove, Michael & Padilla, Atilano Jorge & Pagano, Marco, 2000. "Collateral Vs. Project Screening: A Model Of Lazy Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 2439, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manove, M. & Padilla, A.J. & Pagano, M., 1998. "Collateral vs. Project Screening: a Model of Lazy Banks," Papers 9807, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Michael Manove & A. Jorge Padilla & Marco Pagano, 1998. "Collateral Vs. Project Screening: A Model of Lazy Banks," Working Papers wp1998_9807, CEMFI.
- Borhan, Muhamad Nazri & Ibrahim, Ahmad Nazrul Hakimi & Miskeen, Manssour A. Abdulasalm, 2019. "Extending the theory of planned behaviour to predict the intention to take the new high-speed rail for intercity travel in Libya: Assessment of the influence of novelty seeking, trust and external inf," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 373-384.
- Scott Shane & Daniel Cable, 2002. "Network Ties, Reputation, and the Financing of New Ventures," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(3), pages 364-381, March.
- Xu, Yingjiao & Summers, Teresa A. & Belleau, Bonnie D., 2004. "Who buys American alligator?: Predicting purchase intention of a controversial product," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(10), pages 1189-1198, October.
- Matthew Darling & Jaclyn Lefkowitz & Samia Amin & Irma Perez-Johnson & Greg Chojnacki & Mikia Manley, "undated". "Practitionerâ€™s Playbook for Applying Behavioral Insights to Labor Programs," Mathematica Policy Research Reports e5d4ae723fa74caa878938a6b, Mathematica Policy Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:entthe:v:18:y:1993:i:1:p:5-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.