The Impact of FDI on the labor market in Central and Eastern Europe during the international crisis
One of the most important consequences of the economic and financial crisis is the record of negative growth rates and high rates of unemployment. FDI are widely recognized for their contribution on host country economic growth, therefore foreign capital inflows are considered a viable solution to reduce unemployment and stimulate economic growth. The aim of the paper is to review the main features of the labor market in Central and Eastern Europe countries, to analyze the dynamic of FDI flows in these countries and theoretically to present the effects of FDI on employment. The econometric analysis is conducted on the situation of Romania and emphasizes the negative relationship between FDI and unemployment.
Volume (Year): 3 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Bucharest, 6th district, 47 Fabricii Street, Quadra Place, bl.J, fl.1, ap.12|
Web page: http://www.reaser.eu/pgsa/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Voicu, Alexandru, 2005.
"Employment dynamics in the Romanian labor market. A Markov chain Monte Carlo approach,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 604-639, September.
- Alexandru Voicu, 2002. "Employment Dynamics in the Romanian Labor Market. A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 349, Society for Computational Economics.
- Voicu, Alexandru, 2002. "Employment Dynamics in the Romanian Labor Market: A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 438, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Magdalena RADULESCU & Elena Nolica DRUICA, 2011. "FDIs and investment policy in some European countries after their EU accession. Challenges during the crisis," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(42)), pages 169-183, December.
- Liana SON & Gratiela Georgiana CARICA, 2010. "The Dynamics of the European Labour Market and Unemployment in the Present Context of Global Economic Crisis: The Case of Romania," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 3(1(9)), pages 57-64.
- Benoit Dostie & David Sahn, 2006. "Labor Market Dynamics in Romania During a Period of Economic Liberalization," Cahiers de recherche 06-17, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée, revised Jun 2008.
- Dostie, Benoit & Sahn, David E., 2006. "Labor Market Dynamics in Romania During a Period of Economic Liberalization," IZA Discussion Papers 2511, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ioan Cindrea, 2007. "The Crisis on the Labor Market in Romania," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 4(4(509)), pages 25-28, April.
- Bellak, Christian & Leibrecht, Markus & Riedl, Aleksandra, 2008. "Labour costs and FDI flows into Central and Eastern European Countries: A survey of the literature and empirical evidence," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 17-37, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rse:wpaper:v:3:y:2012:i:1:p:43-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuela Epure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.