Discretionary Policy versus Non-Discretionary Policy in the Economic Adjustment Process
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barrell, Ray & Pina, Alvaro M., 2004.
"How important are automatic stabilisers in Europe? A stochastic simulation assessment,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-35, January.
- Barrell, R. & Pina, A.M., 2000. "How Important are Automatic Stabilizers in Europe? A Stochastic Simulation Assessment," Economics Working Papers eco2000/2, European University Institute.
- Darrel Cohen & Glenn Follette, 2000.
"The automatic fiscal stabilizers: quietly doing their thing,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 35-67.
- Darrel Cohen & Glenn Follette, 1999. "The automatic fiscal stabilizers: quietly doing their thing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-64, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Schabert, Andreas, 2005.
"Discretionary Policy, Multiple Equilibria, and Monetary Instruments,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5400, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andreas Schabert, 2005. "Discretionary Policy, Multiple Equilibria, and Monetary Instruments," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-098/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Schabert, Andreas, 2005. "Discretionary policy, multiple equilibria, and monetary instruments," Working Paper Series 533, European Central Bank.
- Paul Hiebert & Javier J. Pérez & Massimo Rostagno, 2002. "Debt reduction and automatic stabilisation," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2002/12, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Andres, Javier & Domenech, Rafael, 2006.
"Automatic stabilizers, fiscal rules and macroeconomic stability,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1487-1506, August.
- Javier Andrés & Rafael Doménech, 2003. "Automatic stabilizers, fiscal rules and macroeconomic stability," Working Papers 0314, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Daniel R. Feenberg, 2000.
"The Significance of Federal Taxes as Automatic Stabilizers,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 37-56, Summer.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Daniel Feenberg, 2000. "The Significance of Federal Taxes as Automatic Stabilizers," NBER Working Papers 7662, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2002. "Is there a role for discretionary fiscal policy?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 109-150.
- Maria Antoinette Silgoner & Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Gerhard Reitschuler, 2003. "The Fiscal Smile; The Effectiveness and Limits of Fiscal Stabilizers," IMF Working Papers 03/182, International Monetary Fund.
- Suescun, Rodrigo, 2007. "The size and effectiveness of automatic fiscal stabilizers in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4244, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Campeanu, Emilia Mioara, 2011. "The Stabilising Role Of The Fiscal And Budgetary Policies Within The Simplified Keynesian Model," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 15(2), pages 119-138.
More about this item
Keywordssustainability; fiscal policy; automatic fiscal stabilizers; discretionary versus nondiscretionary; principle of the minimal action;
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2010:i:4:p:184-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipacaro.html .