Effect of financial deepening on stock market returns: The case of military and democratic post-SAP regimes in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gidigbi, Matthew, 2019. "Re-examining the link between financial structure and economic growth in Nigeria: An empirical investigation," BizEcons Quarterly, Strides Educational Foundation, vol. 5, pages 3-21.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Hussein, Khaled A., 1996.
"Does financial development cause economic growth? Time-series evidence from 16 countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 387-411, December.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Khaled A.Hussein, 1995. "Does Financial Development Cause Economic Growth? Time-Series Evidence from 16 Countries," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/13, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin, 2003.
"The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 321-334, October.
- César Calderón & Lin Liu, 2002. "The Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 184, Central Bank of Chile.
- Antonio N. Bojanic, 2012. "The impact of financial development and trade on the economic growth of Bolivia," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 15, pages 51-70, May.
- Hicks, J. R., 1969. "A Theory of Economic History," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198811633.
- Ekundayo P. Mesagan & Mustapha O. Bello, 2018. "Core infrastructure and industrial performance in Africa: Do institutions matter?," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 65(4), pages 539-562, December.
- Fry, Maxwell J, 1997. "In Favour of Financial Liberalisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 754-770, May.
- Petra Valickova & Tomas Havranek & Roman Horvath, 2015.
"Financial Development And Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 506-526, July.
- Petra Valickova & Tomas Havranek & Roman Horvath, 2013. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers 331, Leibniz Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and Southeast European Studies).
- Petra Valickova & Tomas Havranek & Roman Horvath, 2013. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1045, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Petra Valickova & Tomas Havranek & Roman Horvath, 2013. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers IES 2013/04, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised May 2013.
- Tomas Havranek & Roman Horvath & Petra Valickova, 2013. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers 2013/05, Czech National Bank.
- Sharpe, William F, 1991.
" Capital Asset Prices with and without Negative Holdings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 489-509, June.
- Sharpe, William F., 1990. "Capital Asset Prices With and Without Negative Holding," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1990-3, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Mohammed Ziaur Rehman & Nasir Ali & Najeeb Muhammad Nasir, 2015. "Financial Development, Savings and Economic Growth: Evidence from Bahrain Using VAR," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 6(2), pages 112-123, April.
- A Leyshon & N J Thrift, 1992.
"Liberalisation and Consolidation: The Single European Market and the Remaking of European Financial Capital,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 24(1), pages 49-81, January.
- A Leyshon & N J Thrift, 1992. "Liberalisation and consolidation: the Single European Market and the remaking of European financial capital," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(1), pages 49-81, January.
- repec:spr:jsecdv:v:21:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s40847-019-00083-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:sgh:erfinj:v:3:y:2018:i:1:p:55-78 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ovi:oviste:v:xvii:y:2017:i:2:p:583-587 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shushu Li & Jinglan Zhang & Yong Ma, 2015. "Financial Development, Environmental Quality and Economic Growth," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-22, July.
- Matiur Rahman & Muhammad Mustafa, 2017. "Financial deepening and stock market returns: panel data analyses for selected developed and developing economies," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 10(1), pages 96-109.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Ang, James B., 2008. "What are the mechanisms linking financial development and economic growth in Malaysia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 38-53, January.
- Joseph Ayoola Omojolaibi & Ekundayo Peter Mesagan & Nsofor Chinedu Stanley, 2016. "Globalization and Financial Development in Nigeria," Iranian Economic Review (IER), Faculty of Economics,University of Tehran.Tehran,Iran, vol. 20(4), pages 461-478, Autumn.
- repec:rej:journl:v:21:y:2018:i:69:p:14-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Hurlin & Baptiste Venet, 2008. "Financial Development and Growth: A Re-Examination using a Panel Granger Causality Test," Working Papers halshs-00319995, HAL.
- De Gregorio, Jose & Guidotti, Pablo E., 1995. "Financial development and economic growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 433-448, March.
- Eregha, Bright & Mesagan, Ekundayo & Ayoola, Olawale, 2015. "Petroleum Products Prices and Inflationary Dynamics in Nigeria," MPRA Paper 70251, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enisan, Akinlo A. & Olufisayo, Akinlo O., 2009. "Stock market development and economic growth: Evidence from seven sub-Sahara African countries," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 162-171.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Deepening Stock Market; Money Supply; Stock Returns;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:buecqu:0011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Olaniyi Evans). General contact details of provider: http://www.bequarterly.rysearch.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.