The effect of the unemployment insurance wage replacement rate on reemployment wages: A dynamic discrete time hazard model with unobserved heterogeneity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mroz, Thomas A., 1999. "Discrete factor approximations in simultaneous equation models: Estimating the impact of a dummy endogenous variable on a continuous outcome," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 233-274, October.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Addison, John T. & Blackburn, McKinley L., 2000. "The effects of unemployment insurance on postunemployment earnings," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 21-53, January.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M & Neumann, George R, 1979.
"An Empirical Job-Search Model, with a Test of the Constant Reservation-Wage Hypothesis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(1), pages 89-107, February.
- KIEFER,Â Nicholas M. & NEUMANN,Â George R., 1979. "An empirical job-search model, with a test of the constant reservation-wage hypothesis," CORE Discussion Papers RP 358, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1977. "Unemployment Insurance and Job Search Decisions," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(4), pages 505-517, July.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Jan C. van Ours, 1999.
"Duration dependence and heterogeneity in French youth unemployment durations,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 273-285.
- Berg, Gerard J. van den & Ours, Jan C. van, 1996. "Duration dependence and heterogeneity in French youth unemployment durations," Serie Research Memoranda 0044, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Michael Baker & Samuel A. Rea, 1998.
"Employment Spells And Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Requirements,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 80-94, February.
- Michael Baker & Samuel A. Rea, Jr., 1994. "Employment Spells and Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Requirements," Working Papers reas-95-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Michael Baker & Rea Samuel A. Rea, 1995. "Employment Spells and Unemployment Insurance Eligibility Requirements," Labor and Demography 9505001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Addison, John T & Portugal, Pedro, 1989. "Job Displacement, Relative Wage Changes, and Duration of Unemployment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(3), pages 281-302, July.
- Katz, Lawrence F. & Meyer, Bruce D., 1990.
"The impact of the potential duration of unemployment benefits on the duration of unemployment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 45-72, February.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Bruce D. Meyer, 1988. "The Impact of the Potential Duration of Unemployment Benefits on the Duration of Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 2741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Bruce D. Meyer, 1988. "The Impact of the Potential Duration of Unemployment Benefits on the Duration of Unemployment," Working Papers 621, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Vishwanath, Tara, 1989. "Job Search, Stigma Effect, and Escape Rate from Unemployment," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 487-502, October.
- Stephen Seninger, 1997. "Jobless spells and re-employment wages," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1169-1177.
- Thomas A. Mroz & Timothy H. Savage, 2006. "The Long-Term Effects of Youth Unemployment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(2).
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1997. "The Consumption Smoothing Benefits of Unemployment Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 192-205, March.
- Olympia Bover & Manuel Arellano & Samuel Bentolila, 2002.
"Unemployment Duration, Benefit Duration and the Business Cycle,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(479), pages 223-265, April.
- Olympia Bover & Manuel Arellano & Samuel Bentolila, 1996. "Unemployment duration, benefit duration, and the business cycle," Estudios Económicos, Banco de España;Estudios Económicos Homepage, number 57.
- Bover, O. & Arellano, M. & Bentolila, S., 1997. "Unemployment Duration, Benefit Duration, and the Business Cycle," Papers 9717, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bentolila, Samuel & Bover, Olympia, 1998. "Unemployment Duration, Benefit Duration and the Business Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 1840, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McCall, Brian & Chi, Wei, 2008.
"Unemployment insurance, unemployment durations and re-employment wages,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 115-118, April.
- Brian McCall & Wei Chi, "undated". "Unemployment Insurance, Unemployment Durations and Re-employment Wages," Working Papers 0306, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Jurajda, Stepan, 2002.
"Estimating the effect of unemployment insurance compensation on the labor market histories of displaced workers,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 227-252, June.
- Jurajda, Štepán, 2001. "Estimating the Effect of Unemployment Insurance Compensation on the Labor Market Histories of Displaced Workers," IZA Discussion Papers 294, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- McCall, Brian P, 1997. "The Determinants of Full-Time versus Part-Time Reemployment Following Job Displacement," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 714-734, October.
More about this item
KeywordsUI wage replacement rate; reservation wage; reemployment wage; duration of unemployment; part-time employment; dynamic discrete time hazard model.;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky). General contact details of provider: http://appliedeconometrics.cemi.rssi.ru/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.