Quality of VAT administration in OECD countries and Russia
The paper compares VAT administration quality in OECD and Russia. Econometric analysis reveals positive influence of the level of institutional development on effectiveness of tax collection. However this effect is presented only if there are no additional tax privileges, which besides direct losses, complicate the tax design and decrease the quality of its administration, during the economic growth
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1974. "Income tax evasion: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 201-202, May.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2004.
"Shadow Economies around the World: What do we really know?,"
IAW Discussion Papers
16, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2005. "Shadow economies around the world: what do we really know?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 598-642, September.
- Kelly Edmiston & Richard M. Bird, 2006.
"Taxing consumption in Jamaica,"
Community Affairs Research Working Paper
2006-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Glenn P. Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo & Keh-Nan Sun, 2003. "Taxation and Economic Development in Taiwan," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 734-735, October.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2008.
"The collection efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and international evidence,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 391-410.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2005. "The Collection Efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2005. "The collection efficiency of the value added tax: theory and international evidence," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt42d103zh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2005.
"On selective indirect tax reform in developing countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 599-623, April.
- M. Shahe Emran & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "On Selective Indirect Tax Reform in Developing Countries," International Trade 0210003, EconWPA.
- Cukierman, Alex & Edwards, Sebastian & Tabellini, Guido, 1992.
"Seigniorage and Political Instability,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 537-55, June.
- José A. Pagán & Gökçe Soydemir & José A. Tijerina-Guajardo, 2001. "The Evolution Of Vat Rates And Government Tax Revenue In Mexico," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 424-433, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0084. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.