Quality of VAT administration in OECD countries and Russia
The paper compares VAT administration quality in OECD and Russia. Econometric analysis reveals positive influence of the level of institutional development on effectiveness of tax collection. However this effect is presented only if there are no additional tax privileges, which besides direct losses, complicate the tax design and decrease the quality of its administration, during the economic growth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelly Edmiston & Richard M. Bird, 2006.
"Taxing consumption in Jamaica,"
Community Affairs Research Working Paper
2006-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Glenn P. Jenkins & Chun-Yan Kuo & Keh-Nan Sun, 2003. "Taxation and Economic Development in Taiwan," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 734-735, October.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2004.
"Shadow Economies around the World: What do we really know?,"
IAW Discussion Papers
16, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2005. "Shadow economies around the world: what do we really know?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 598-642, September.
- Alex Cukierman & Sebastian Edwards & Guido Tabellini, 1989.
"Seigniorage and Political Instability,"
NBER Working Papers
3199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1974. "Income tax evasion: A theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 201-202, May.
- José A. Pagán & Gökçe Soydemir & José A. Tijerina-Guajardo, 2001. "The Evolution Of Vat Rates And Government Tax Revenue In Mexico," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 424-433, October.
- M. Shahe Emran & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002.
"On Selective Indirect Tax Reform in Developing Countries,"
- Emran, M. Shahe & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2005. "On selective indirect tax reform in developing countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 599-623, April.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2005.
"The collection efficiency of the value added tax: theory and international evidence,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt42d103zh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2008. "The collection efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and international evidence," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 391-410.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2005. "The Collection Efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:apltrx:0084. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anatoly Peresetsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.