L’Économique des pêcheries : une revue de la littérature
The literature on fishery economics is relatively new. Two papers published in an interval of a few months in the mid-fifties have drawn the lines of this analysis. The first, written by H.S. Gordon (1954), is considered as being the seminal work in static fishery economics while the second, by A.D. Scott (1955), is presented as the study which had defined the basis of the dynamic analysis of fishery economics; an analysis which grew in importance in the early seventies due to the developments made in the modern theory of capital. La littérature sur l’économique des pêcheries est relativement récente. Deux articles publiés à quelques mois d’intervalle, au milieu des années 50, fixèrent les grandes lignes de l’analyse. Le premier, de H.S. Gordon (1954), est considéré comme l’étude de base sur les modèles statiques des pêcheries. Le deuxième, de A.D. Scott (1955), est présenté comme étant celui qui fixa les fondements de l’analyse dynamique des pêcheries, analyse qui ne prit toutefois son essor qu’au début des années 70 sur la base des développements réalisés dans la théorie moderne du capital.
Volume (Year): 62 (1986)
Issue (Month): 2 (juin)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scse.ca/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peterson, Frederick M & Fisher, Anthony C, 1977. "The Exploitation of Extractive Resources: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 87(348), pages 681-721, December.
- Wang, Ar-Young & Cheng, Kuo-Shung, 1978. "Dynamic analysis of commercial fishing model," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 113-127, June.
- Andersen, Peder, 1982. "Commercial fisheries under price uncertainty," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 11-28, March.
- Plourde, C G, 1970. "A Simple Model of Replenishable Natural Resource Exploitation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 518-522, June.
- Colin W. Clark & Gordon R. Munro, 1980. "Fisheries and the Processing Sector: Some Implications for Management Policy," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 603-616, Autumn.
- Barry Smith, J., 1980. "Replenishable resource management under uncertainty: A reexamination of the U.S. Northern Fishery," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 209-219, September.
- Clark, Colin W. & Munro, Gordon R., 1975. "The economics of fishing and modern capital theory: A simplified approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 92-106, December.
- James A. Wilson, 1982. "The Economical Management of Multispecies Fisheries," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(4), pages 417-434.
- Southey, Clive, 1972. "Policy Prescriptions in Bionomic Models: The Case of the Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 769-775, July-Aug..
- Tracy R. Lewis, 1981. "Exploitation of a Renewable Resource under Uncertainty," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(3), pages 422-439, August.
- Parzival Copes, 1978. "Canada's Atlantic Coast Fisheries: Policy Development and the Impact of Extended Jurisdiction," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 4(2), pages 155-171, Spring.
- Brown, Gardner, Jr, 1974. "An Optimal Program for Managing Common Property Resources with Congestion Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 163-173, Jan.-Feb..
- Leung, Anthony & Wang, Ar-Young, 1976. "Analysis of Models for Commercial Fishing: Mathematical and Economical Aspects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 295-303, March.
- Levhari, David & Michener, Ron & Mirman, Leonard J, 1981. "Dynamic Programming Models of Fishing: Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 649-661, September.
- Smith, Vernon L., 1977. "Control theory applied to natural and environmental resources an exposition," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Dudley, Norman & Waugh, Geoffrey, 1980. "Exploitation of a single-cohort fishery under risk: A simulation-optimization approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 234-255, September.
- Markusen, James R, 1976. "Dividing Ocean Resources: A Development and Application of the Theory of Factor Transfer," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 52(138), pages 213-227, June.
- Rognvaldur Hannesson, 1975. "Fishery Dynamics: A North Atlantic Cod Fishery," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 8(2), pages 151-173, May.
- Clark, Colin W & Clarke, Frank H & Munro, Gordon R, 1979. "The Optimal Exploitation of Renewable Resource Stocks: Problems of Irreversible Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 25-47, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:actuec:v:62:y:1986:i:2:p:289-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruce Shearer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.