The Renewable Resource Management Nexus: Impulse versus Continuous Harvesting Policies
We explore the link between cyclical and smooth resource exploitation. We define an impulse control framework which can generate both cyclical solutions and steady state solutions. For the cyclical solutions [...].
|Date of creation:||Mar 2009|
|Date of revision:||Mar 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenue Raymond Dugrand, CS 79606, 34960 Montpellier Cedex 2|
Web page: http://www.lameta.univ-montp1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tracy R. Lewis & Richard Schmalensee, 1979. "Non-convexity and Optimal Harvesting Strategies for Renewable Resources," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 12(4), pages 677-91, November.
- Liski, M. & Kort, P.M. & Novak, A.J., 2000.
"Increasing Returns and Cycles in Fishing,"
2000-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kort, P.M. & Liski, M. & Novak, A.J., 2001. "Increasing returns and cycles in fishing," Other publications TiSEM 005cdced-611c-4158-a257-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- M. Liski, P.M. Kort, A.J. Novak, 2001. "Increasing returns and cycles in fishing," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 126, Society for Computational Economics.
- Clark, Colin W & Clarke, Frank H & Munro, Gordon R, 1979. "The Optimal Exploitation of Renewable Resource Stocks: Problems of Irreversible Investment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 25-47, January.
- Lewis, Tracy R & Schmalensee, Richard, 1977. "Nonconvexity and Optimal Exhaustion of Renewable Resources," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(3), pages 535-52, October.
- Michael Kopel & Herbert Dawid, 1999. "On optimal cycles in dynamic programming models with convex return function," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 13(2), pages 309-327.
- Clark, Colin W. & Munro, Gordon R., 1975. "The economics of fishing and modern capital theory: A simplified approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 92-106, December.
- Wirl Franz, 1995. "The Cyclical Exploitation of Renewable Resource Stocks May Be Optimal," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 252-261, September.
- Rognvaldur Hannesson, 1975. "Fishery Dynamics: A North Atlantic Cod Fishery," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 8(2), pages 151-73, May.
- Dawid, Herbert & Kopel, Michael, 1997. "On the Economically Optimal Exploitation of a Renewable Resource: The Case of a Convex Environment and a Convex Return Function," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 272-297, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lam:wpaper:09-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Modat)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.