New Web Application Technologies for Global Decision Support in Sales and Marketing - Guidelines for Model Builders
We introduce a new stylised simulation model that combines transactional and relationship marketing aspects. A multi-branded offer from multiple companies that generates attraction and retention potential is confronted to a multisegmented demand with specific dual response behaviour. Dynamic market transitions model loyal and versatile customer flows in time. The model is implemented as an on-line marketing simulation and decision support system. Based upon this simple model we discuss how a progressive modelling approach that uses object orientation can help decompose and recompose marketing problems by managing complexity in order to produce realistic modelling solutions and accelerate their advance to the market. Some implied model and decision support building frameworks are discussed. Several traditional web solutions are revisited, applied and compared to some more recent XML based semantic web technologies. New ways of embedding models (models as documents, models as services etc.) are explored.
Volume (Year): 11 (2008)
Issue (Month): 27 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.rei.ase.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eom, S. B., 1995. "Decision support systems research: Reference disciplines and a cumulative tradition," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 511-523, October.
- Richard A. Colombo & Donald G. Morrison, 1989. "Note—A Brand Switching Model with Implications for Marketing Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(1), pages 89-99.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:00f20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eom, Sean B, 1998. "The Intellectual Development and Structure of Decision Support Systems (1991-1995)," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 639-657, October.
- Leeflang, P.S.H. & Wittink, Dick R., 2000. "Building models for marketing decisions: past, present and future," Research Report 00F20, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rej:journl:v:11:y:2008:i:27:p:203-256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Radu Lupu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.