Unique Monetary Equilibria with Interest Rate Rules
In contrast to previous literature, we show that it is possible to use interest rate rules in standard monetary models to implement equilibria that are globally unique. This is a contribution to a literature that either concentrates on conditions for local determinacy, or criticizes that approach showing that local determinacy might be associated with global indeterminacy. The interest rate rules we propose are price level targeting rules that respond to the forecasts of the future price level and future economic activity. (Copyright: Elsevier)
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Marina Azzimonti, Department of Economics, Stonybrook University, 10 Nicolls Road, Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/red/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://www.economicdynamics.org/subscription-information/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrew Atkeson & V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2008.
"Sophisticated monetary policies,"
659, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrew Atkeson & V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2009. "Sophisticated monetary policies," Staff Report 419, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrew Atkeson & V. V. Chari & Patrick Kehoe, 2009. "Sophisticated Monetary Policies," NBER Working Papers 14883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Cochrane, 2011.
"Determinacy and Identification with Taylor Rules,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(3), pages 565-615.
- Bernardino Adão & Isabel Horta Correia & Pedro Teles, 2010.
"Short and Long Interest Rate Targets,"
w201015, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Bernardino Adão & Isabel Correia & Pedro Teles, 2010. "Short and long interest rate targets," Working Papers 680, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Adão, Bernardino & Correia, Isabel & Teles, Pedro, 2010. "Short and Long Interest Rate Targets," CEPR Discussion Papers 7935, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pedro Teles & Isabel Correia & Bernardino Adao, 2012. "Short and Long Interest Rate Targets," 2012 Meeting Papers 452, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Massimo Rostagno, 2001. "Money Growth Monitoring and the Taylor Rule," NBER Working Papers 8539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:09-172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.