Unique Monetary Equilibria with Interest Rate Rules
In contrast to previous literature, we show that it is possible to use interest rate rules in standard monetary models to implement equilibria that are globally unique. This is a contribution to a literature that either concentrates on conditions for local determinacy, or criticizes that approach showing that local determinacy might be associated with global indeterminacy. The interest rate rules we propose are price level targeting rules that respond to the forecasts of the future price level and future economic activity. (Copyright: Elsevier)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 14 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/red/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://www.economicdynamics.org/subscription-information/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pedro Teles & Isabel Correia & Bernardino Adao, 2012.
"Short and Long Interest Rate Targets,"
2012 Meeting Papers
452, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Bernardino Adão & Isabel Correia & Pedro Teles, 2010. "Short and long interest rate targets," Working Papers 680, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Adão, Bernardino & Correia, Isabel & Teles, Pedro, 2010. "Short and Long Interest Rate Targets," CEPR Discussion Papers 7935, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bernardino Adão & Isabel Horta Correia & Pedro Teles, 2010. "Short and Long Interest Rate Targets," Working Papers w201015, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:125:y:2010:i:1:p:47-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- John H. Cochrane, 2007.
"Determinacy and Identification with Taylor Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
13409, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Massimo Rostagno, 2001. "Money Growth Monitoring and the Taylor Rule," NBER Working Papers 8539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Atkeson & V. V. Chari & Patrick Kehoe, 2009.
"Sophisticated Monetary Policies,"
NBER Working Papers
14883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:09-172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.