A Comparative Study For Opportunity Cost Of Holding Money Between Selected Developing And Developed Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sayyed Mahdi Mostafavi & Kazam Yavari, 2005. "A critical Discussion about Demand for Money Studies in the Iranian Economy (1989-2000)," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 10(2), pages 163-184, fall.
- Dahalan, Jauhari & Sharma, Subhash C. & Sylwester, Kevin, 2007. "Scale variable specification in a money demand function for Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 867-882, December.
- William J. Baumol, 1952. "The Transactions Demand for Cash: An Inventory Theoretic Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(4), pages 545-556.
- Albuquerque, Pedro H. & Gouvea, Solange, 2009.
"Canaries and vultures: A quantitative history of monetary mismanagement in Brazil,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 479-495, April.
- Pedro H. Albuquerque & Solange Gouvea, 2005. "Canaries and Vultures: A Quantitative History of Monetary Mismanagement in Brazil," Development and Comp Systems 0511027, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedro Albuquerque & Solange Gouvea, 2009. "Canaries and Vultures: A Quantitative History of Monetary Mismanagement in Brazil," Post-Print halshs-00746537, HAL.
- Domowitz, Ian & Elbadawi, Ibrahim, 1987. "An error-correction approach to money demand : The case of Sudan," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 257-275, August.
- Budina, Nina & Maliszewski, Wojciech & de Menil, Georges & Turlea, Geomina, 2006.
"Money, inflation and output in Romania, 1992-2000,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 330-347, March.
- Nina Budina & Wojtek Maliszewski & Georges de Menil & Geomina Turlea, 2002. "Money, Inflation and output in Romania, 1992-2000," DELTA Working Papers 2002-15, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Nina Budina & Wojciech Maliszewski & Georges De Menil & Geomina Turlea, 2006. "Money, inflation and output in Romania, 1992-2000," Post-Print halshs-00754167, HAL.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Mohd, Siti Hamizah & Yol, Marial Awou, 2009. "Stock prices and demand for money in China: New evidence," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 171-187, February.
- Sriram, Subramanian S., 2002. "Determinants and stability of demand for M2 in Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 337-356.
- Darrat, Ali F. & Al-Sowaidi, Saif S., 2009. "Financial progress and the stability of long-run money demand: Implications for the conduct of monetary policy in emerging economies," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 124-131, August.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Kumar, Saten, 2009.
"A panel data approach to the demand for money and the effects of financial reforms in the Asian countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1012-1017, September.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Kumar, Saten, 2008. "A Panel Data Approach to the Demand for Money and the Effects of Financial Reforms in the Asian Countries," MPRA Paper 6565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Allan H. Meltzer, 1963. "The Demand for Money: The Evidence from the Time Series," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 71, pages 219-219.
- A. C. Pigou, 1917. "The Value of Money," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 38-65.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel, 1989. "What is an "acceptable" rate of inflation?--a review of the issues," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 3-15.
- Subramanian S Sriram, 1999. "Survey of Literature on Demand for Money; Theoretical and Empirical Work with Special Reference to Error-Correction Models," IMF Working Papers 99/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
- Pradhan, Basanta K. & Subramanian, A., 2003. "On the stability of demand for money in a developing economy: Some empirical issues," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 335-351, October.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand for money; Opportunity cost of holding money; Financial markets; panel data;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rau:journl:v:8:y:2013:i:4:p:7-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alex Tabusca). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ferauro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.