If worst comes to worst: Co-movement of global stock markets in the US-China trade war
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hurd, Matthew & Salmon, Mark & Schleicher, Christoph, 2005.
"Using Copulas to Construct Bivariate Foreign Exchange Distributions with an Application to the Sterling Exchange Rate Index,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5114, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christoph Schleicher & Matthew Hurd & Mark Salmon, 2005. "Using Copulas to Construct Bivariate Foreign Exchange Distributions with an Application to the Sterling Exchange Rate Index," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 215, Society for Computational Economics.
- Matthew Hurd & Mark Salmon & Christoph Schleicher, 2007. "Using copulas to construct bivariate foreign exchange distributions with an application to the sterling exchange rate index," Bank of England working papers 334, Bank of England.
- Ryuta Sakemoto, 2018. "The intertemporal relation between expected returns and conditional correlations between precious metals and the stock market," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 24-35.
- Dimitrios Asteriou & Antonios Sarantidis, 2016. "Political instability and stock market returns: Evidence from OECD countries," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 113-124.
- Jérôme Lahaye & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2011.
"Jumps, cojumps and macro announcements,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(6), pages 893-921, September.
- Jerome Lahaye & Sebastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely, 2007. "Jumps, cojumps and macro announcements," Working Papers 2007-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- LAHAYE, Jérôme & LAURENT, Sébastien & NEELY, Christopher J., 2011. "Jumps, cojumps and macro announcements," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2413, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- A. G. Malliaris & Jorge L. Urrutia, 2005.
"The International Crash of October 1987: Causality Tests,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Economic Uncertainty, Instabilities And Asset Bubbles Selected Essays, chapter 16, pages 251-262,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L., 1992. "The International Crash of October 1987: Causality Tests," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 353-364, September.
- Joel F. Houston & Chen Lin & Zhongyan Zhu, 2016. "The Financial Implications of Supply Chain Changes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 62(9), pages 2520-2542, September.
- Chaker Aloui, 2011. "Latin American stock markets’ volatility spillovers during the financial crises: a multivariate FIAPARCH-DCC framework," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 289-326, May.
- Hillier, David & Loncan, Tiago, 2019. "Political uncertainty and Stock returns: Evidence from the Brazilian Political Crisis," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1-12.
- Rivieccio, Giorgia & De Luca, Giovanni, 2016. "Copula function approaches for the analysis of serial and cross dependence in stock returns," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 55-61.
- Arouri, Mohamed & M’saddek, Oussama & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Pukthuanthong, Kuntara, 2019.
"Cojumps and asset allocation in international equity markets,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 1-22.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi & M’saddek, Oussama & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Pukthuanthong, Kuntara, 2017. "Cojumps and Asset Allocation in International Equity Markets," MPRA Paper 89938, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2018.
- Mohamed Arouri & Oussama M’saddek & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Kuntara Pukthuanthong, 2019. "Cojumps and asset allocation in international equity markets," Post-Print hal-02078138, HAL.
- Amelie Brune & Thorsten Hens & Marc Rieger & Mei Wang, 2015. "The war puzzle: contradictory effects of international conflicts on stock markets," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 62(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Hertzel, Michael G. & Li, Zhi & Officer, Micah S. & Rodgers, Kimberly J., 2008. "Inter-firm linkages and the wealth effects of financial distress along the supply chain," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 374-387, February.
- Jin, Xiaoye, 2016. "The impact of 2008 financial crisis on the efficiency and contagion of Asian stock markets: A Hurst exponent approach," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 167-175.
- Rodriguez, Juan Carlos, 2007. "Measuring financial contagion: A Copula approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 401-423, June.
- Zimmer, David M. & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2006. "Using Trivariate Copulas to Model Sample Selection and Treatment Effects: Application to Family Health Care Demand," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 63-76, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huynh, Toan Luu Duc & Nasir, Muhammad Ali & Nguyen, Sang Phu & Duong, Duy, 2020. "An assessment of contagion risks in the banking system using non-parametric and Copula approaches," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 105-116.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Julien Chevallier & Florian Ielpo, 2013. "Volatility spillovers in commodity markets," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(13), pages 1211-1227, September.
- Azam, Kazim & Pitt, Michael, 2014. "Bayesian Inference for a Semi-Parametric Copula-based Markov Chain," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1051, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Azam, Kazim & Pitt, Michael, 2014. "Bayesian Inference for a Semi-Parametric Copula-based Markov Chain," Economic Research Papers 270232, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Sewraj, Deeya & Gebka, Bartosz & Anderson, Robert D.J., 2019. "Day-of-the-week effects in financial contagion," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 221-226.
- Chen, Huimin (Amy) & Karim, Khondkar & Tao, Anqi, 2021. "The effect of suppliers' corporate social responsibility concerns on customers' stock price crash risk," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Mateus, Cesario & Chinthalapati, Raju & Mateus, Irina B., 2017. "Intraday industry-specific spillover effect in European equity markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 278-298.
- Ma, Xiaofang & Wang, Wenming & Wu, Jiangang & Zhang, Wenlan, 2020. "Corporate customer concentration and stock price crash risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 119(C).
- Corsten, Daniel & Gropp, Reint E. & Markou, Panos, 2017. "Suppliers as liquidity insurers," IWH Discussion Papers 8/2017, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Aristeidis, Samitas & Elias, Kampouris, 2018. "Empirical analysis of market reactions to the UK’s referendum results – How strong will Brexit be?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 263-286.
- Rahaman, Mohammad M. & Rau, P. Raghavendra & Zaman, Ashraf Al, 2020. "The effect of supply chain power on bank financing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 114(C).
- Ali Kabiri & Vlad Malone & Isabelle Roland & Mariana Spatareanu, 2020. "Bank default risk propagation along supply chains: evidence from the UK," CEP Discussion Papers dp1699, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ye, Wuyi & Jiang, Kunliang & Liu, Xiaoquan, 2021. "Financial contagion and the TIR-MIDAS model," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(C).
- Mendoza-Velázquez, Alfonso & Galvanovskis, Evalds, 2009. "Introducing the GED-Copula with an application to Financial Contagion in Latin America," MPRA Paper 46669, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2010.
- Volodymyr Babich & Panos Kouvelis, 2018. "Introduction to the Special Issue on Research at the Interface of Finance, Operations, and Risk Management (iFORM): Recent Contributions and Future Directions," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 20(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Suleyman Serdengeçti & Ahmet Sensoy & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2020.
"Dynamics of Return and Liquidity (Co)Jumps in Emerging Foreign Exchange Markets,"
2020-006, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Serdengecti, Suleyman & Sensoy, Ahmet & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2020. "Dynamics of Return and Liquidity (Co)Jumps in Emerging Foreign Exchange Markets," MPRA Paper 105162, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2021.
- Spatareanu, M. & Manole, V. & Kabiri, A. & Roland, I., 2020. "Bank Default Risk Propagation along Supply Chains: Evidence from the U.K," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 2058, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Huynh, Toan Luu Duc & Hille, Erik & Nasir, Muhammad Ali, 2020. "Diversification in the age of the 4th industrial revolution: The role of artificial intelligence, green bonds and cryptocurrencies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 159(C).
- Fabrizio Durante & Erich Klement & Carlo Sempi & Manuel Úbeda-Flores, 2010. "Measures of non-exchangeability for bivariate random vectors," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 687-699, September.
- Xu, Haifeng & Hamori, Shigeyuki, 2012. "Dynamic linkages of stock prices between the BRICs and the United States: Effects of the 2008–09 financial crisis," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 344-352.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Nikola Gradojevic, 2021.
"Heterogeneous investment horizons, risk regimes, and realized jumps,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 617-643, January.
- Deniz Erdemlioglu & Nikola Gradojevic, 2020. "Heterogeneous investment horizons, risk regimes, and realized jumps," Post-Print hal-02995997, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ove:journl:aid:13958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deovies.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Francisco J. Delgado (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deovies.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.