Companies'Financial Status And The Business Turnover On Emergent Markets: The Romanian Case
The aim of this study is to test for the relevance of some financial ratios as descriptors of companies' financial status in explaining the evolutions of their business turnover. We are considering a data sample of 36 companies quoted on the Romanian capital market for a time span between 2007 and 2010.The predictive capacity of some significant financial ratios for the companies' business turnover is analyzed and a methodology for the evaluation of their financial status based on these ratios is advanced. We found that the predictive capacity of some relevant financial ratios for the dynamic of some quoted companies' turnovers is non-uniform across the two conventional sectors in which we have grouped these companies according to their field of activity. Based on these results, an synthetic indicator of the companies' financial status is constructed at the level of each individual sector and the non-linear correlation between this indicator and the business turnover is tested.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor|
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gian Luca Clementi & Hugo A. Hopenhayn, 2006. "A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(1), pages 229-265.
- Bierens, Herman J, 2000. "Nonparametric Nonlinear Cotrending Analysis, with an Application to Interest and Inflation in the United States," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(3), pages 323-337, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ora:journl:v:1:y:2013:i:1:p:683-696. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.