German Economics: Mechanisms of Transformation
The paper provides an overview of the key transformation mechanisms for the community of German economists during its internationalization and integration in the global economic community. It points out three main features of the German economics, which made this transformation possible, and considers both pros and cons of the German way of transformation.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009.
"Economists in the PITS?,"
IEW - Working Papers
406, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009. "Economists in the PITS?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-29, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009. "Economists in the PITS?," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-05, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey, 2009. "Economists in the PITS?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2594, CESifo Group Munich.
- Paul Oyer, 2007. "Is There An Insider Advantage in Getting Tenure?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 501-505, May.
- JS Armstrong, 2004. "Peer Review for Journals: Evidence on Quality Control, Fairness, and Innovation," General Economics and Teaching 0412027, EconWPA.
- repec:rwi:positi:030 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Cawley, 2001. "A Guide (and Advice) for Economists on the U. S. Junior Academic Job Market," Labor and Demography 0109001, EconWPA, revised 27 Sep 2001.
- Frey, Bruno S, 2003. " Publishing as Prostitution?--Choosing between One's Own Ideas and Academic Success," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 116(1-2), pages 205-23, July.
- Heinrich W. Ursprung & Markus Zimmer, 2007. "Who is the "Platz-Hirsch" of the German Economics Profession? A Citation Analysis," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 227(2), pages 187-208, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2011:i:9:p:129-149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.