A Guide (and Advice) for Economists on the U. S. Junior Academic Job Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tyers, Rod & Duncan, Ron, 1999. "Trade, Technology and Labor Markets: General Equilibrium Perspectives," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 14, pages 226-264.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2009.
"What Have We Learned from Market Design?,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, pages 79-112.
- AlvinE. Roth, 2008. "What Have We Learned from Market Design?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(527), pages 285-310, March.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2008. "What Have We Learned from Market Design?," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 3(1), pages 119-147, January.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2009. "What Have We Learned from Market Design?," NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 9, pages 79-112 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glazer, Amihai & Hassin, Refael, 2010. "Inducing search by periodic advertising," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 276-286, July.
- Libman, A., 2011. "German Economics: Mechanisms of Transformation," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 9, pages 129-149.
- Jihui Chen & Qihong Liu & Sherrilyn Billger, 2013. "Where Do New Ph.D. Economists Go? Recent Evidence from Initial Labor Market," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 312-338, September.
- Krause, Annabelle & Rinne, Ulf & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2012.
"Anonymous job applications of fresh Ph.D. economists,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 441-444.
- Krause, Annabelle & Rinne, Ulf & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2011. "Anonymous Job Applications of Fresh Ph.D. Economists," IZA Discussion Papers 6100, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Artinger, Sabrina, 2013. "Demand uncertainty in skill-based competition," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79962, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Gallet, Craig A. & List, John A. & Orazem, Peter F., 2004. "Cyclicality and the Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 1302, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mark F. Owens, . "The Search for an Economics Job with a Teaching Focus," Journal for Economic Educators, Middle Tennessee State University, Business and Economic Research Center.
- Craig A. Gallet & John A. List & Peter F. Orazem, 2005.
"Cyclicality and the Labor Market for Economists,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 284-304, October.
- Gallet, Craig A. & List, John A. & Orazem, Peter, 2004. "Cyclicality and the Labor Market for Economists," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12025, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Craig Gallet & John List & Peter Orazem, 2005. "Cyclicality and the Labor Market for Economists," Natural Field Experiments 00487, The Field Experiments Website.
- Brooke Helppie McFall & Marta Murray-Close & Robert J. Willis & Uniko Chen, 2014. "Is it all worth it? The experiences of new PhDs on the job market, 2007-2010," NBER Working Papers 20654, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
Keywordsjunior academic economics job market guide advice;
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0109001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .