Environmental Liability Law and Induced Technical Change: The Role of Spillovers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Parry, Ian & Pizer, William & Fischer, Carolyn, 1998. "Instrument Choice for Environmental Protection When Technological Innovation is Endogenous," Discussion Papers dp-99-04, Resources For the Future.
- Endres, A. & Ludeke, A., 1998. "Incomplete strict liability: effects on product differentiation and information provision 1," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, pages 511-528.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Parry, Ian W. H. & Pizer, William A., 2003.
"Instrument choice for environmental protection when technological innovation is endogenous,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, pages 523-545.
- Kevin J. Fox & R. Quentin Grafton & James Kirkley & Dale Squires, 2002. "Property Rights in a Fishery: Regulatory Change and Firm Performance," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0205, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Ben-Shahar, Omri, 1998.
"Should Products Liability Be Based on Hindsight?,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, pages 325-357.
- Shirley, Mary M. & L. Colin Xu, 1997. "Information, incentives, and commitment : an empirical analysis of contracts between government and state enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1769, The World Bank.
- Biglaiser, Gary & Horowitz, John K & Quiggin, John, 1995. "Dynamic Pollution Regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, pages 33-44.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Endres, Alfred & Friehe, Tim, 2011. "Incentives to diffuse advanced abatement technology under environmental liability law," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, pages 30-40.
- Alfred Endres & Tim Friehe & Bianca Rundshagen, 2015. "“It’s All in the Mix!”- Internalizing externalities with R&D subsidies and environmental liability," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(1), pages 151-178, January.
- Alfred Endres & Tim Friehe, 2013.
"The monopolistic polluter under environmental liability law: incentives for abatement and R&D,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 40(3), pages 753-770, March.
- Alfred Endres & Tim Friehe, 2011. "The Monopolistic Polluter under Environmental Liability Law: Incentives for Abatement and R&D," CESifo Working Paper Series 3649, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alfred Endres & Tim Friehe & Bianca Rundshagen, 2015. "Environmental liability law and R&D subsidies: results on the screening of firms and the use of uniform policy," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 17(4), pages 521-541, October.
- Julien Jacob & Sandrine Spaeter, 2016.
"Large-Scale Risks and Technological Change: What About Limited Liability?,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 18(1), pages 125-142, February.
- Julien Jacob & Sandrine Spaeter, 2010. "Large-scale risks and technological change: What about limited liability?," Working Papers of BETA 2010-12, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Sandrine SPAETER & Julien JACOB, 2014. "Large-scale risks and technological change: What about limited liability?," Working Papers of BETA 2014-10, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Alfred Endres & Tim Friehe, 2012. "Generalized Progress of Abatement Technology: Incentives Under Environmental Liability Law," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 61-71.
- Endres, Alfred & Friehe, Tim, 2011.
"R&D and abatement under environmental liability law: Comparing incentives under strict liability and negligence if compensation differs from harm,"
Elsevier, pages 419-425.
- Leonardo Meeus, 2010. "Implicit Auctioning on the Kontek Cable: Third Time Lucky?," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/49, European University Institute.
- Julien Jacob, 2011. "Innovation and diffusion in risky industries under liability law: the case of “double-impact” innovations," Working Papers of BETA 2011-24, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Serge Garcia & Julien Jacob & Eve-Angéline Lambert, 2017. "Comparison of liability sharing rules for environmental damage: An experiment with different levels of solvency," Working Papers of BETA 2017-12, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Alfred Endres & Tim Friehe, 2014. "The reasonable person standard: trading off static and dynamic efficiency," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, pages 249-267.
More about this item
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
- Q55 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Technological Innovation
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:jinste:urn:sici:0932-4569(200806)164:2_254:ellait_2.0.tx_2-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohr.de/jite .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.