The Effect of Extremely Small Price Limits: Evidence from the Early Period of the Chinese Stock Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Los, Cornelis A. & Yu, Bing, 2008.
"Persistence characteristics of the Chinese stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 64-82.
- Cornelis A. Los & Bing Yu, 2005. "Persistence Characteristics of the Chinese Stock Markets," Finance 0508008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chiarella, Carl & Iori, Giulia, 2009.
"The impact of heterogeneous trading rules on the limit order book and order flows,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 525-537.
- Carl Chiarella & Giulia Iori, 2005. "The Impact of Heterogeneous Trading Rules on the Limit Order Book and Order Flows," Research Paper Series 152, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Chiarella, C. & Iori, G. & Perello, J., 2008. "The Impact of Heterogeneous Trading Rules on the Limit Order Book and Order Flows," Working Papers 08/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Carl Chiarella & Giulia Iori & Josep Perello, 2007. "The Impact of Heterogeneous Trading Rules on the Limit Order Book and Order Flows," Papers 0711.3581, arXiv.org.
- Brennan, Michael J., 1986. "A theory of price limits in futures markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 213-233, June.
- Greenwald, Bruce C & Stein, Jeremy C, 1991.
"Transactional Risk, Market Crashes, and the Role of Circuit Breakers,"
The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 443-462, October.
- Greenwald, Bruce C. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1991. "Transactional Risk, Market Crashes, and the Role of Circuit Breakers," Scholarly Articles 3710666, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Yeh, Chia-Hsuan & Yang, Chun-Yi, 2010. "Examining the effectiveness of price limits in an artificial stock market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2089-2108, October.
- Kim, Kenneth A., 2001. "Price limits and stock market volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 131-136, April.
- Cho, David D. & Russell, Jeffrey & Tiao, George C. & Tsay, Ruey, 2003. "The magnet effect of price limits: evidence from high-frequency data on Taiwan Stock Exchange," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 133-168, February.
- Huang, Yen-Sheng & Fu, Tze-Wei & Ke, Mei-Chu, 2001. "Daily price limits and stock price behavior: evidence from the Taiwan stock exchange," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 263-288, July.
- Kim, Kenneth & Rhee, S Ghon, 1997. "Price Limit Performance: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 885-899, June.
- Dongweí Su, 2003.
"Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Chinese Stock Markets A Research Handbook, chapter 3, pages 75-122,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M., 1998. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 239-256, May.
- Belton Fleisher & Dongwei Su, 1996. "Risk, Return and Regulation in Chinese Stock Markets," Working Papers 005, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Wong, Woon K. & Liu, Bo & Zeng, Yong, 2009. "Can price limits help when the price is falling? Evidence from transactions data on the Shanghai Stock Exchange," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 91-102, March.
- Hsieh, Ping-Hung & Kim, Yong H. & Yang, J. Jimmy, 2009. "The magnet effect of price limits: A logit approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 830-837, December.
- Xiaotao Zhang & Jing Ping & Tao Zhu & Yuelei Li & Xiong Xiong, 2016. "Are Price Limits Effective? An Examination of an Artificial Stock Market," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(8), pages 1-21, August.
- Westerhoff, Frank, 2003. "Speculative markets and the effectiveness of price limits," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 493-508, December.
- Chia-Hsuan Yeh & Chun-Yi Yang, 2013. "Do price limits hurt the market?," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 8(1), pages 125-153, April.
- Chiarella, Carl & He, Xue-Zhong & Pellizzari, Paolo, 2012.
"A Dynamic Analysis Of The Microstructure Of Moving Average Rules In A Double Auction Market,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 556-575, September.
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He & Paolo Pellizzari, 2009. "A Dynamic Analysis of the Microstructure of Moving Average Rules in a Double Auction Market," Research Paper Series 251, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Berkman, Henk & Lee, John Byong Tek, 2002. "The effectiveness of price limits in an emerging market: Evidence from the Korean Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 517-530, November.
- Ippolito, Pauline M, 1991. "Resale Price Maintenance: Empirical Evidence from Litigation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 263-294, October.
- Jeff Chung & Li Gan, 2005. "Estimating the effect of price limits on limit-hitting days," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 79-96, March.
- Mookerjee, Rajen & Yu, Qiao, 1999. "Seasonality in returns on the Chinese stock markets: the case of Shanghai and Shenzhen," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 93-105.
- Kodres, Laura E & O'Brien, Daniel P, 1994. "The Existence of Pareto-Superior Price Limits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 919-932, September.
- David Abad & Roberto Pascual, 2007. "On the Magnet Effect of Price Limits," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(5), pages 833-852, November.
- Frank H. Westerhoff, 2006. "Technical Analysis Based On Price-Volume Signals And The Power Of Trading Breaks," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(02), pages 227-244.
- Mookerjee, Rajen & Yu, Qiao, 1999. "An empirical analysis of the equity markets in China," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 41-60, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manhwa Wu & Paoyu Huang & Yensen Ni, 2020. "The Impact of Institutional Shareholdings on Price Limits," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 27(3), pages 343-361, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:emfitr:v:55:y:2019:i:7:p:1516-1530. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MREE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.