An empirical analysis of the equity markets in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peterson, David R., 1990. "Stock Return Seasonalities and Earnings Information," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 187-201, June.
- Fischer, Stanley & Merton, Robert C., 1984.
"Macroeconomics and finance: The role of the stock market,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-108, January.
- Stanley Fischer & Robert C. Merton, 1984. "Macroeconomics and Finance: The Role of the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 1291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Stock Market Development and Long-Run Growth," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 323-339, May.
- Peter Fortune, 1991. "Stock market efficiency: an autopsy?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 17-40.
- Corrado, Charles J. & Schatzberg, John, 1990. "A Nonparametric Distribution-Free Test for Serial Independence in Stock Returns: A. Correction," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 411-415, September.
- Smirlock, Michael & Starks, Laura, 1986. "Day-of-the-week and intraday effects in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 197-210, September.
- Bookstaber, Richard M & McDonald, James B, 1987. "A General Distribution for Describing Security Price Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 401-424, July.
- French, Kenneth R., 1980. "Stock returns and the weekend effect," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-69, March.
- Branch, Ben & Chang, Kyungchun, 1985. "Tax-Loss Trading, Is the Game Over or Have the Rules Changed?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 55-69, February.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
- Bailey, Warren, 1994. "Risk and return on China's new stock markets: Some preliminary evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 2(2-3), pages 243-260, May.
- Branch, Ben, 1977. "A Tax Loss Trading Rule," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 198-207, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hussain, Saiful Izzuan & Li, Steven, 2015. "Modeling the distribution of extreme returns in the Chinese stock market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 263-276.
- P., Srinivasan & M., Kalaivani, 2013. "Day-of-the-Week Effects in the Indian stock market," MPRA Paper 46805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier, 2009.
"The random walk hypothesis for Chinese stock markets: Evidence from variance ratio tests,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 117-126, June.
- Amélie Charles & Olivier Darné, 2009. "The random walk hypothesis for Chinese stock markets: Evidence from variance ratio tests," Post-Print hal-00771080, HAL.
- Los, Cornelis A. & Yu, Bing, 2008.
"Persistence characteristics of the Chinese stock markets,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 64-82.
- Cornelis A. Los & Bing Yu, 2005. "Persistence Characteristics of the Chinese Stock Markets," Finance 0508008, EconWPA.
- Sun, Xiao-Qian & Cheng, Xue-Qi & Shen, Hua-Wei & Wang, Zhao-Yang, 2011. "Distinguishing manipulated stocks via trading network analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(20), pages 3427-3434.
- Hung, Jui-Cheng, 2009. "Deregulation and liberalization of the Chinese stock market and the improvement of market efficiency," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 843-857, August.
- Jason D. Mitchell & Li L Ong, 2006. "Seasonalities in China's Stock Markets; Cultural or Structural?," IMF Working Papers 06/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Groenewold, Nicolaas & Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Wu, Yanrui, 2003. "The efficiency of the Chinese stock market and the role of the banks," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 593-609, August.
- Cano Berlanga, Sebastian & Giménez Gómez, José M. (José Manuel), 2016. "On Chinese stock markets: How have they evolved along time?," Working Papers 2072/267085, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Rousseau, Peter L. & Xiao, Sheng, 2007. "Banks, stock markets, and China's `great leap forward'," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 206-217, September.
- Ahlgren, Niklas & Sjöö, Boo & Zhang, Jianhua, 2003. "Panel Cointegration of Chinese A and B Shares," Working Papers 500, Hanken School of Economics.
- Fifield, Suzanne G.M. & Jetty, Juliana, 2008. "Further evidence on the efficiency of the Chinese stock markets: A note," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 351-361, September.
- Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Lam, Tau-Hing & Yan, Isabel Kit-Ming, 2012. "Is the Chinese stock market really inefficient?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 122-137.
- Abdul Haque & Hung-Chun Liu & Fakhar-Un-Nisa, 2011. "Testing the Weak Form Efficiency of Pakistani Stock Market (2000–2010)," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(4), pages 153-162.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Juan Manuel Mascare?nas Pérez-Iñigo, 2014. "Comprobación de la eficiencia débil en los principales mercados financieros latinoamericanos," ESTUDIOS GERENCIALES, UNIVERSIDAD ICESI, November.
- Aumeboonsuke, Vesarach & Dryver, Arthur L., 2014. "The importance of using a test of weak-form market efficiency that does not require investigating the data first," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 350-357.
- Brown, Philip & Mitchell, Jason, 2008. "Culture and stock price clustering: Evidence from The Peoples' Republic of China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 95-120, January.
- Majumder, Debasish, 2012. "When the market becomes inefficient: Comparing BRIC markets with markets in the USA," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 84-92.
- Marie-Eliette Dury & Bing Xiao, 2018. "Forecasting the Volatility of the Chinese Gold Market by ARCH Family Models and extension to Stable Models," Working Papers hal-01709321, HAL.
- Majumder, Debasish, 2014. "Asset pricing for inefficient markets: Evidence from China and India," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 282-291.
- Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M., 2006. "Testing for predictability in equity returns for European transition markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 56-78, March.
- Lim, Kian-Ping & Brooks, Robert D. & Kim, Jae H., 2008. "Financial crisis and stock market efficiency: Empirical evidence from Asian countries," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 571-591, June.
- Yu, Qiao & Du, Bin & Sun, Qian, 2006. "Earnings management at rights issues thresholds--Evidence from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3453-3468, December.
- Xiao-Qian Sun & Xue-Qi Cheng & Hua-Wei Shen & Zhao-Yang Wang, 2011. "Distinguishing manipulated stocks via trading network analysis," Papers 1110.2260, arXiv.org.
- Zhou, Wei-Xing & Yuan, Wei-Kang, 2005. "Inverse statistics in stock markets: Universality and idiosyncracy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 353(C), pages 433-444.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:revfin:v:8:y:1999:i:1:p:41-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620170 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.