Daily price limits and stock price behavior: evidence from the Taiwan stock exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Virginia G. France & Laura E. Kodres & James T. Moser, 1994. "A review of regulatory mechanisms to control the volatility of prices," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Nov, pages 15-28.
- Christopher K. Ma & Ramesh P. Rao & R. Stephen Sears, 1989.
"Limit moves and price resolution: The case of the treasury bond futures market,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(4), pages 321-335, August.
- Ma, C.K. & Rao, R.P. & Sears, R.S., 1988. "Limit Moves And Price Resolution: The Case Of The Treasury Bond Futures Markets," Papers 177, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Kim, Kenneth & Rhee, S Ghon, 1997. " Price Limit Performance: Evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 885-899, June.
- Yen-Sheng Huang, 1998. "Stock Price Reaction to Daily Limit Moves: Evidence From the Taiwan Stock Exchange," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3&4), pages 469-483.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1994. " Circuit Breakers and Market Volatility: A Theoretical Perspective," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 237-254, March.
- Ma, C.K. & Rao, R.P. & Sears, R.S., 1989. "Volatility, Price Resolution, And The Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t7, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Marcelle Arak & Richard Cook, 1997. "Do Daily Price Limits Act as Magnets? The Case of Treasury Bond Futures," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(1), pages 5-20, August.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Lehmann, B.N., 1989. "Commentary: Volatility, Price Resolution, And The Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t9, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Chen, Yea-Mow, 1993. "Price limits and stock market volatility in Taiwan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 139-153, May.
- Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "On rules versus discretion in procedures to halt trade," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Miller, M.H., 1989. "Commentary: Volatility, Prices Resolution, And Effectiveness Of Price Limits," Papers t8, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Brugler & Oliver Linton, 2014. "Circuit Breakers on the London Stock Exchange: Do they improve subsequent market quality?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1453, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Farag, Hisham, 2013. "Price limit bands, asymmetric volatility and stock market anomalies: Evidence from emerging markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 85-97.
- Smimou, Kamal, 2006. "Estimation of Canadian commodity market risk premiums under price limits: Two-phase fuzzy approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 477-491, October.
- James Brugler & Oliver Linton, 2014. "Single stock circuit breakers on the London Stock Exchange: do they improve subsequent market quality?," CeMMAP working papers CWP07/14, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- David Abad & Roberto Pascual, 2010. "Switching To A Temporary Call Auction In Times Of High Uncertainty," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 45-75.
- Li, Huimin & Zheng, Dazhi & Chen, Jun, 2014. "Effectiveness, cause and impact of price limit—Evidence from China's cross-listed stocks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 217-241.
- Kao, Erin H., 2011. "Momentum and reversals in Taiwan index futures returns during periods of extreme trading imbalance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 459-467, June.
- Wang, Dingyan & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung & Chan, Wing Hong, 2014. "Price Limits and Stock Market Volatility in China," MPRA Paper 54146, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Farag, Hisham, 2015. "The influence of price limits on overreaction in emerging markets: Evidence from the Egyptian stock market," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 190-199.
- Henke, Harald & Voronkova, Svitlana, 2005. "Price limits on a call auction market: Evidence from the Warsaw Stock Exchange," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 439-453.
- André Farber & Van Nam Nguyen & Quan-Hoang Vuong, 2006. "Policy impacts on Vietnam stock markets: a case of anomalies and disequilibria 2000-2006," Working Papers CEB 06-005.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Anchor Lin & Peggy Swanson, 2010. "Contrarian strategies and investor overreaction under price limits," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 34(4), pages 430-454, October.
- Veld-Merkoulova, Yulia V., 2003. "Price limits in futures markets: effects on the price discovery process and volatility," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 311-328.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:10:y:2001:i:3:p:263-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.