Separation of car-dependent commuters from normal-choice riders in mode-choice analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vredin Johansson, Maria & Heldt, Tobias & Johansson, Per, 2006. "The effects of attitudes and personality traits on mode choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 507-525, July.
- Sohn, Keemin, 2008. "A systematic decision criterion for the elimination of useless overpasses," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1043-1055, October.
- Chang, Hsin-Li & Wu, Shun-Cheng, 2008. "Exploring the vehicle dependence behind mode choice: Evidence of motorcycle dependence in Taipei," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 307-320, February.
- Tertoolen, Gerard & van Kreveld, Dik & Verstraten, Ben, 1998. "Psychological resistance against attempts to reduce private car use," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 171-181, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Junghan Baek & Keemin Sohn, 2016. "An investigation into passenger preference for express trains during peak hours," Transportation, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 623-641, July.
- Kim, Hyunmi & Kwon, Sohee & Wu, Seung Kook & Sohn, Keemin, 2014. "Why do passengers choose a specific car of a metro train during the morning peak hours?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 249-258.
- Driscoll, Áine & Lyons, Sean & Morgenroth, Edgar & Nolan, Anne, 2013. "Comparing the Determinants of Mode Choice across Travel Purposes," MPRA Paper 46034, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diana, Marco & Pronello, Cristina, 2010. "Traveler segmentation strategy with nominal variables through correspondence analysis," Transport Policy, Elsevier, pages 183-190.
- Jinkyung Choi & Yong Lee & Taewan Kim & Keemin Sohn, 2012. "An analysis of Metro ridership at the station-to-station level in Seoul," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 705-722, May.
- Hyochul Park & Yong Lee & Hee Shin & Keemin Sohn, 2011. "Analyzing the time frame for the transition from leisure-cyclist to commuter-cyclist," Transportation, Springer, pages 305-319.
- Václav Plevka & Pieter Segaert & Chris M. J. Tampère & Mia Hubert, 2016. "Analysis of travel activity determinants using robust statistics," Transportation, Springer, vol. 43(6), pages 979-996, November.
More about this item
KeywordsCar-dependence; Mode-choice; Latent variables; Support vector machine (SVM);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:36:y:2009:i:4:p:423-436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.