Comparing the Determinants of Mode Choice across Travel Purposes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vega, Amaya & Reynolds-Feighan, Aisling, 2009. "A methodological framework for the study of residential location and travel-to-work mode choice under central and suburban employment destination patterns," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 401-419, May.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D., 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 1998. "Analysis of travel mode and departure time choice for urban shopping trips," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 361-371, August.
- Nicola Commins & Anne Nolan, 2010.
"Car Ownership and Mode of Transport to Work in Ireland,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 41(1), pages 43-75.
- Commins, Nicola & Nolan, Anne, 2009. "Car Ownership and Mode of Transport to Work in Ireland," Papers WP310, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Commins, Nicola & Nolan, Anne, 2011.
"The determinants of mode of transport to work in the Greater Dublin Area,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 259-268, January.
- Commins, Nicola & Nolan, Anne, 2008. "The Determinants of Mode of Transport to Work in the Greater Dublin Area," Papers WP268, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Keemin Sohn & Jiyoung Yun, 2009. "Separation of car-dependent commuters from normal-choice riders in mode-choice analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 423-436, July.
- Murphy, Enda, 2009. "Excess commuting and modal choice," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 735-743, October.
- Maat, Kees & Timmermans, Harry J.P., 2009. "Influence of the residential and work environment on car use in dual-earner households," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 43(7), pages 654-664, August.
- Curtis, John, 2012. "The Environment Review 2012," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS26.
- David Hensher & April Reyes, 2000. "Trip chaining as a barrier to the propensity to use public transport," Transportation, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 341-361, December.
- Hensher, David A. & Rose, John M., 2007. "Development of commuter and non-commuter mode choice models for the assessment of new public transport infrastructure projects: A case study," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 428-443, June.
- Colin Pooley & Duncan Whyatt & Marion Walker & Gemma Davies & Paul Coulton & Will Bamford, 2010. "Understanding the school journey: integrating data on travel and environment," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 42(4), pages 948-965, April.
- Amaya Vega & Aisling Reynolds-Feighan, 2008. "Employment Sub-centres and Travel-to-Work Mode Choice in the Dublin Region," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 45(9), pages 1747-1768, August.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, December.
- Timo Ohnmacht & Konrad Götz & Helmut Schad, 2009. "Leisure mobility styles in Swiss conurbations: construction and empirical analysis," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 243-265, March.
More about this item
KeywordsMode choice; travel purpose; model comparison;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2013-04-13 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-TRE-2013-04-13 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2013-04-13 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2013-04-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .