Mitigation of Perverse Incentives in Professional Sports Leagues with Reverse-Order Drafts
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jennifer Brown, 2011. "Quitters Never Win: The (Adverse) Incentive Effects of Competing with Superstars," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(5), pages 982-1013.
- Jennifer Brown & Dylan B. Minor, 2014. "Selecting the Best? Spillover and Shadows in Elimination Tournaments," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(12), pages 3087-3102, December.
- Joseph Price & Brian P. Soebbing & David Berri & Brad R. Humphreys, 2010. "Tournament Incentives, League Policy, and NBA Team Performance Revisited," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(2), pages 117-135, April.
- Alpert, Abby & Duggan, Mark & Hellerstein, Judith K., 2013.
"Perverse reverse price competition: Average wholesale prices and Medicaid pharmaceutical spending,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 44-62.
- Abby Alpert & Mark Duggan & Judith K. Hellerstein, 2013. "Perverse Reverse Price Competition: Average Wholesale Prices and Medicaid Pharmaceutical Spending," NBER Working Papers 19367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brian P. Soebbing & Brad R. Humphreys & Daniel S. Mason, 2013. "Exploring Incentives to Lose in Professional Team Sports: Do Conference Games Matter?," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 8(3), pages 192-207, August.
- Liam J.A. Lenten & Jan Libich & Petr StehlÃk, 2013. "Policy Timing and Footballers' Incentives," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 14(6), pages 629-655, December.
- Beck A. Taylor & Justin G. Trogdon, 2002. "Losing to Win: Tournament Incentives in the National Basketball Association," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 23-41, January.
- Jayachandran, Seema, 2014. "Incentives to teach badly: After-school tutoring in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 190-205.
- Liam J. A. Lenten & Niven Winchester, 2015. "Secondary Behavioural Incentives: Bonus Points and Rugby Professionals," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 91(294), pages 386-398, September.
- Rodney Fort & James Quirk, 1995. "Cross-subsidization, Incentives, and Outcomes in Professional Team Sports Leagues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1265-1299, September.
- Ryan W. Buell & Taly Reich & Michael I. Norton, 2014. ""Last-Place Aversion": Evidence and Redistributive Implications," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(1), pages 105-149.
- Brian P. Soebbing, 2008. "Competitive Balance and Attendance in Major League Baseball: An Empirical Test of the Uncertainty of Outcome Hypothesis," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 3(2), pages 119-126, May.
- Thomas Ashman & R. Alan Bowman & James Lambrinos, 2010. "The Role of Fatigue in NBA Wagering Markets: The Surprising â€˜â€˜Home Disadvantage Situationâ€™â€™," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(6), pages 602-613, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sylvain Béal & Sylvain Ferrières & Eric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2016.
"An axiomatization of the iterated h-index and applications to sport rankings,"
- Sylvain Béal & Sylvain Ferrières & Eric Rémila & Phillippe Solal, 2016. "An axiomatization of the iterated h-index and applications to sport rankings," Working Papers 2016-11, CRESE.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:267:y:2018:i:1:p:315-320 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kendall, Graham & Lenten, Liam J.A., 2017. "When sports rules go awry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(2), pages 377-394.
More about this item
KeywordsDrafts; Incentives; Modeling; Policy; Sport;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Z28 - Other Special Topics - - Sports Economics - - - Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:49:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s11151-015-9494-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.