Tournament Incentives, League Policy, and NBA Team Performance Revisited
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helena Fornwagner, 2017. "Incentives to lose revisited: The NHL and its tournament incentives," Working Papers 2017-07, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Colin Green & Fernando Lozano & Rob Simmons, 2015.
"Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions' League Qualifying Rules,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 232(1), pages 30-40, May.
- Green, Colin P. & Lozano, Fernando A. & Simmons, Rob, 2015. "Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions League Qualifying Rules," IZA Discussion Papers 8950, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kendall, Graham & Lenten, Liam J.A., 2017. "When sports rules go awry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(2), pages 377-394.
- David J. Berri & Anthony C. Krautmann, 2013. "Understanding the WNBA on and off the court," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Women in Sports, chapter 7, pages 132-155 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sylvain Béal & Sylvain Ferrières & Eric Rémila & Phillippe Solal, 2016.
"An axiomatization of the iterated h-index and applications to sport rankings,"
- Sylvain Béal & Sylvain Ferrières & Eric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2016. "An axiomatization of the iterated h-index and applications to sport rankings," Working Papers hal-01394818, HAL.
- Feddersen, Arne & Humphreys, Brad & Soebbing, Brian, 2012. "Cost Incentives in European Football," Working Papers 2012-13, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Liam J. A. Lenten, 2016. "Mitigation of Perverse Incentives in Professional Sports Leagues with Reverse-Order Drafts," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 49(1), pages 25-41, August.
- David Berri & Stacey Brook & Aju Fenn, 2011. "From college to the pros: predicting the NBA amateur player draft," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 25-35, February.
- Tony Caporale & Trevor Collier, 2015. "Are We Getting Better or Are They Getting Worse? Draft Position, Strength of Schedule, and Competitive Balance in the National Football League," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 291-300, September.
More about this item
Keywordstanking; NBA; tournament theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:11:y:2010:i:2:p:117-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.