The impact of state regulations on nursing home care practices
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapiro, Carl, 1986. "Investment, Moral Hazard, and Occupational Licensing," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 843-62, October.
- David Sappington, 2005. "Regulating Service Quality: A Survey," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 123-154, November.
- Wayne B. Gray & Jay P. Shimshack, 2011. "The Effectiveness of Environmental Monitoring and Enforcement: A Review of the Empirical Evidence," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 5(1), pages 3-24, Winter.
- John R. Bowblis & Stephen Crystal & Orna Intrator & Judith A. Lucas, 2012. "Response To Regulatory Stringency: The Case Of Antipsychotic Medication Use In Nursing Homes," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 977-993, 08.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1979. "Quacks, Lemons, and Licensing: A Theory of Minimum Quality Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1328-46, December.
- Cawley, John & Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A., 2006. "Factor substitution in nursing homes," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 234-247, March.
- James W. McKie, 1970. "Regulation and the Free Market: The Problem of Boundaries," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 1(1), pages 6-26, Spring.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Mo Xiao, 2005.
"The Impact of Regulations on the Supply and Quality of Care in Child Care Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
11873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Mo Xiao, 2011. "The Impact of Regulations on the Supply and Quality of Care in Child Care Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1775-1805, August.
- Stafford, Sarah L, 2003. "Assessing the Effectiveness of State Regulation and Enforcement of Hazardous Waste," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 27-41, January.
- David C. Grabowski, 2004. "A Longitudinal Study of Medicaid Payment, Private-Pay Price and Nursing Home Quality," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 5-26, 03.
- David Grabowski & John Bowblis & Judith Lucas & Stephen Crystal, 2011. "Labor Prices and the Treatment of Nursing Home Residents with Dementia," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 273-292.
- Patricia K. Tong, 2011. "The effects of California minimum nurse staffing laws on nurse labor and patient mortality in skilled nursing facilities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 802-816, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:42:y:2012:i:1:p:52-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.