Competition schemes and investment in network infrastructure under uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bourreau, Marc & Dogan, Pinar, 2005. "Unbundling the local loop," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 173-199, January.
- repec:reg:rpubli:337 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guthrie, Graeme, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Working Paper Series 3851, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 2005. "Pricing Capital Under Mandatory Unbundling and Facilities Sharing," NBER Working Papers 11225, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graeme Guthrie, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 925-972, December.
- Hori, Keiichi & Mizuno, Keizo, 2006. "Access pricing and investment with stochastically growing demand," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 795-808, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cambini, Carlo & Silvestri, Virginia, 2012. "Technology investment and alternative regulatory regimes with demand uncertainty," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 212-230.
- Nitsche, Rainer & Wiethaus, Lars, 2011. "Access regulation and investment in next generation networks -- A ranking of regulatory regimes," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 263-272, March.
- Anastassios Gentzoglanis & Elias Aravantinos, 2010. "Investment in Broadband Technologies and the Role of Regulation," Chapters,in: Regulation and the Evolution of the Global Telecommunications Industry, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Flacher, David & Jennequin, Hugues, 2014. "Access regulation and geographic deployment of a new generation infrastructure," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 741-759.
- Flacher, David & Jennequin, Hugues, 2012. "Access regulation and geographic deployment of a new generation infrastructure," 19th ITS Biennial Conference, Bangkok 2012: Moving Forward with Future Technologies - Opening a Platform for All 72537, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Marc Bourreau & Pınar Doğan & Romain Lestage, 2014.
"Level of access and infrastructure investment in network industries,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 237-260, December.
- M. Bourreau & P. Dogan & R. Lestage, "undated". "Level of Access and Infrastructure Investment in Network Industries," Working Paper 85926, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Pachis, Athanasios & Yannelis, Demetrius, 2013. "The relation between local loop unbundling and investment in fixed telephony," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88470, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Lestage, Romain & Flacher, David, 2014. "Infrastructure investment and optimal access regulation in the different stages of telecommunications market liberalization," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 569-579.
- Montolio Daniel & Trillas Francesc & Trujillo-Baute Elisa, 2014.
"Regulatory Environment and Firm Performance in EU Telecommunications Services,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(3), pages 271-302, September.
- Daniel Montolio & Francesc Trillas & Elisa Trujillo-Baute, 2014. "Regulatory environment and firm performance in EU telecommunications services," Working Papers 2014/15, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Brito, Duarte & Pereira, Pedro & Vareda, João, 2010.
"Can two-part tariffs promote efficient investment on next generation networks?,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 323-333, May.
- Duarte Brito & Pedro Pereira & João Vareda, 2008. "Can Two-Part Tariffs Promote Efficient Investment on Next Generation Networks?," Working Papers 34, Portuguese Competition Authority.
- Marc Bourreau & Carlo Cambini & Pınar Doğan, 2014.
"Access regulation and the transition from copper to fiber networks in telecoms,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 233-258, June.
- Marc Bourreau & Carlo Cambini & Pınar Doğan, 2013. "Access regulation and the transition from copper to fiber networks in telecoms," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/52, European University Institute.
- Vareda João & Hoernig Steffen, 2010. "Racing for Investment under Mandatory Access," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-31, July.
- Hoernig, Steffen & Jay, Stephan & Neumann, Karl-Heinz & Peitz, Martin & Plückebaum, Thomas & Vogelsang, Ingo, 2012. "The impact of different fibre access network technologies on cost, competition and welfare," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 96-112.
- João Vareda, 2011. "Quality upgrades and bypass under mandatory access," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 177-197, October.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2012.
"Incentive Regulation, Investments and Technological Change,"
Chapters,in: Regulation and the Performance of Communication and Information Networks, chapter 4
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2010. "Incentive Regulation, Investments and Technological Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 2964, CESifo Group Munich.
- Romain Lestage & David Flacher, 2011. "Access Regulation and Welfare," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201185, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Dec 2011.
More about this item
KeywordsService-based competition; Facility-based competition; Real options; Preemption; D92; G13; L43; L51;
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:35:y:2009:i:2:p:179-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.