Regulatory environment and firm performance in EU telecommunications services
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Montolio Daniel & Trillas Francesc & Trujillo-Baute Elisa, 2014. "Regulatory Environment and Firm Performance in EU Telecommunications Services," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(3), pages 271-302, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerpott, Torsten J. & Jakopin, Nejc M., 2007. "Firm and target country characteristics as factors explaining wealth creation from international expansion moves of mobile network operators," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 72-92, March.
- Lenn Gomes & Kannan Ramaswamy, 1999. "An Empirical Examination of the Form of the Relationship Between Multinationality and Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(1), pages 173-187, March.
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005.
"Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges,"
2441, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Bijl, Paul W.J. & Peitz, Martin, 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," MPRA Paper 2511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & Peitz, M., 2005. "Local Loop Unbundling in Europe : Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges," Discussion Paper 2005-008, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Michał Grajek & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2012.
"Regulation and Investment in Network Industries: Evidence from European Telecoms,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 189-216.
- Michal Grajek & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2009. "Regulation and investment in network industries: Evidence from European telecoms," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-09-004, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- MichaÅ‚ Grajek & Lars-Hendrik RÃ¶ller, 2009. "Regulation and Investment in Network Industries: Evidence from European Telecoms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-039, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 2009. "The Uppsala internationalization process model revisited: From liability of foreignness to liability of outsidership," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(9), pages 1411-1431, December.
- David Sappington, 2006. "Regulation in Vertically-Related Industries: Myths, Facts, and Policy," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 28(1), pages 3-16, February.
- David J. Denis & Diane K. Denis & Keven Yost, 2002. "Global Diversification, Industrial Diversification, and Firm Value," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 1951-1979, October.
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2012. "Capital structure and investment in regulated network utilities: evidence from EU telecoms," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 31-71, February.
- Gerpott, Torsten J. & Jakopin, Nejc M., 2005. "The degree of internationalization and the financial performance of European mobile network operators," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 635-661, September.
- Mattia Nardotto & Tommaso Valletti & Frank Verboven, 2015.
"Unbundling The Incumbent: Evidence From Uk Broadband,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
European Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 330-362, April.
- Nardotto, Mattia & Valletti, Tommaso & Verboven, Frank, 2012. "Unbundling the incumbent: Evidence from UK broadband," CEPR Discussion Papers 9194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mattia Nardotto & Tommaso Valletti & Frank Verboven, 2014. "Unbundling the Incumbent: Evidence from UK broadband," CEIS Research Paper 331, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 03 Oct 2014.
- Mark Armstrong & David E.M. Sappington, 2006. "Regulation, Competition and Liberalization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(2), pages 325-366, June.
- Valletti, Tommaso M., 0. "The theory of access pricing and its linkage with investment incentives," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(10-11), pages 659-675, November.
- Keiichi Hori & Keizo Mizuno, 2009. "Competition schemes and investment in network infrastructure under uncertainty," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 179-200, April.
- Choi, In, 2001. "Unit root tests for panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 249-272, April.
- Koutroumpis, Pantelis, 2009. "The economic impact of broadband on growth: A simultaneous approach," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 471-485, October.
- Jakopin, Nejc M., 2008. "Internationalisation in the telecommunications services industry: Literature review and research agenda," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 531-544, September.
- MB Sarkar & S Tamer Cavusgil & Preet S Aulakh, 1999. "International Expansion of Telecommunication Carriers: The Influence of Market Structure, Network Characteristics, and Entry Imperfections," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(2), pages 361-381, June.
- Einhorn, Michael A., 2002. "International telephony: a review of the literature," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 51-73, March.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsRegulation; firm performance; telecommunications; multinational firms;
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2014-04-11 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2014-04-11 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2014-04-11 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GER-2014-04-11 (German Papers)
- NEP-INT-2014-04-11 (International Trade)
- NEP-REG-2014-04-11 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieb:wpaper:2013/6/doc2014-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iebubes.html .