Electoral equilibria with restricted strategies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:71:y:1977:i:01:p:177-181_25 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:68:y:1974:i:01:p:135-152_23 is not listed on IDEAS
- McKelvey, Richard D, 1975. "Policy Related Voting and Electoral Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 815-843, Sept.-Nov.
- Coughlin, Peter & Nitzan, Shmuel, 1981. "Electoral outcomes with probabilistic voting and Nash social welfare maxima," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 113-121, February.
- Coughlin, Peter & Nitzan, Shmuel, 1981. "Directional and local electoral equilibria with probabilistic voting," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 226-239, April.
- Hinich, Melvin J., 1977.
"Equilibrium in spatial voting: The median voter result is an artifact,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 208-219, December.
- Hinich, M., 1976. "Equilibrium in Spatial Voting: The Median Voter Result is an Artifact," Working Papers 119, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Melvin Hinich & Peter Ordeshook, 1969. "Abstentions and equilibrium in the electoral process," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 81-106, September.
- Hinich, Melvin J. & Ledyard, John O. & Ordeshook, Peter C., 1972. "Nonvoting and the existence of equilibrium under majority rule," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 144-153, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:67:y:1973:i:02:p:490-498_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven Matthews, 1979. "A simple direction model of electoral competition," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 141-156, June.
- Linda Cohen & Steven Matthews, 1980.
"Constrained Plott Equilibria, Directional Equilibria and Global Cycling Sets,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 47(5), pages 975-986.
- Cohen, Linda & Matthews, Steven A., "undated". "Constrained Plott Equilibria, Directional Equilibria, and Global Cycling Sets," Working Papers 178, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:66:y:1972:i:04:p:1234-1245_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:74:y:1980:i:03:p:617-632_16 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:74:y:1980:i:03:p:641-650_16 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:71:y:1977:i:01:p:166-176_25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael D. Intriligator, 1973. "A Probabilistic Model of Social Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 553-560.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:64:y:1970:i:02:p:426-448_12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gerald H. Kramer & Alvin K. Klevorick, 1974. "Existence of a "Local" Co-operative Equilibrium in a Class of Voting Games," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 539-547.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Gersbach, 2015. "History-bound Reelections," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 15/225, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Carmen Beviá & Humberto Llavador, 2009.
"The Informational Value of Incumbency,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 11(5), pages 773-796, October.
- Carmen Bevia & Humberto Llavador, 2006. "The Informational Value of Incumbency," Working Papers 276, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Humberto Llavador & Carmen Beviá, 2006. "The informational value of incumbency," Economics Working Papers 962, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Carmen Bevi? & Humberto Llavador, 2006. "The Informational Value of Incumbency," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 662.06, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Selim Jürgen Ergun, 2015.
"Centrist’S Curse? An Electoral Competition Model With Credibility Constraints,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 60(05), pages 1-18, December.
- Selim Ergun, 2008. "Centrist's Curse? An Electoral Competition Model with Credibility Constraints," ThE Papers 08/06, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Westermark, Andreas, 2004. "Extremism, campaigning and ambiguity," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 421-452, May.
- Dix, Manfred & Santore, Rudy, 2002. "Candidate ability and platform choice," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 189-194, July.
- Buechel, Berno & Klein, Jan, 2014. "Do Consumers' Preferences Really Matter? - A Note on Spatial Competition with Restricted Strategies," MPRA Paper 55288, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berno Buechel & Jan F. Klein, 2016. "Restrictions in Spatial Competition: The Effects on Firms and Consumers," Homo Oeconomicus: Journal of Behavioral and Institutional Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 157-172, August.
- Larry Samuelson, 1987. "A test of the revealed-preference phenomenon in congressional elections," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 141-169, January.
- Caselli, Francesco & Cunningham, Tom & Morelli, Massimo & Moreno de Barreda, Inés, 2012.
"Signalling, Incumbency Advantage, and Optimal Reelection Thresholds,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8832, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Caselli & Thomas E. Cunningham & Massimo Morelli & Inés Moreno de Barreda, 2012. "Signalling, Incumbency Advantage, and Optimal Reelection Thresholds," NBER Working Papers 17833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gersbach, Hans, 2007. "Vote-share Contracts and Democracy," CEPR Discussion Papers 6497, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bärbel M. R. Stadler, 1998. "Abstention Causes Bifurcations in Two-Party Voting Dynamics," Working Papers 98-08-072, Santa Fe Institute.
- Miller, J. H. & Stadler, P. F., 1998. "The dynamics of locally adaptive parties under spatial voting," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 171-189, September.
- Markus Müller, 2009. "Vote-Share Contracts and Learning-by-Doing," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 09/114, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:43:y:1984:i:3:p:307-327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.