War as Rent-Seeking: A Public Choice Perspective on the Pacific War
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, April.
- Brian Dollery & Zane Spindler & Craig Parsons, 2004. "Nanshin: Budget-Maximizing Behavior, the Imperial Japanese Navy and the Origins of the Pacific War," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 135-155, June.
- Zane Spindler & Xavier De Vanssay, 2003. "Constitutional Design for a Rent Seeking Society: The Voting Rule Choice Revisited," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 95-105, June.
- Wintrobe,Ronald, 1998. "The Political Economy of Dictatorship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521583299, April.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
More about this item
KeywordsImperialism; Interest groups; Pacific war; Public choice; Rent seeking; H0; H41; K4; N0; N45; O0;
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- K4 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- N45 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Asia including Middle East
- O0 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:porgrv:v:7:y:2007:i:1:p:21-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.