Public Procurement and Public Financial Management in Africa: Dynamics and Influences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jose A. Puppim De Oliveira & Yijia Jing & Paul Collins & George M. Guess & Jun Ma, 2015. "The Risks of Chinese Subnational Debt for Public Financial Management," Public Administration & Development, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 128-139, May.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Central African Republic: Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper: First Annual Progress Report," IMF Staff Country Reports 2009/240, International Monetary Fund.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- B. Peters & Jon Pierre & Tiina Randma-Liiv, 2011. "Global Financial Crisis, Public Administration and Governance: Do New Problems Require New Solutions?," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 13-27, March.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-139, May.
- Marja Hirvi & Lindsay Whitfield, 2015. "Public-Service Provision in Clientelist Political Settlements: Lessons from Ghana's Urban Water Sector," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 33(2), pages 135-158, March.
- David Jones, 2006. "Financial Reforms of Statutory Bodies in Singapore: Control and Autonomy in a Centralized State," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 259-276, September.
- Peterson, Stephen Bovard, 2010. "Reforming Public Financial Management in Africa," Scholarly Articles 4669673, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Haiti: Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper Progress Report," IMF Staff Country Reports 2009/290, International Monetary Fund.
- Charles W. L. Hill & Thomas M. Jones, 1992. "Stakeholder‐Agency Theory," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 131-154, March.
- Elisabeth Paul & Mr. Luc E. Leruth, 2006. "A Principal-Agent Theory Approach to Public Expenditure Management Systems in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 2006/204, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Ghana: Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper: 2006 Annual Progress Report," IMF Staff Country Reports 2009/237, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olga Balaeva & Yuliya Rodionova & Andrei A. Yakovlev & Andrey Tkachenko, 2021. "Public Procurement Efficiency As Perceived By Market Participants: The Case Of Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 29/PSP/2021, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kovermann, Jost & Velte, Patrick, 2019. "The impact of corporate governance on corporate tax avoidance—A literature review," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-1.
- David Carassus, 2006. "La ville comme lieu de gouvernance," Post-Print hal-03079970, HAL.
- Filippo Vitolla & Nicola Raimo & Michele Rubino, 2020. "Board characteristics and integrated reporting quality: an agency theory perspective," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(2), pages 1152-1163, March.
- David R. Williams & Betty S. Coffey & Carlton C. Young, 2018. "Human capital and agency effects on CEO compensation of IPO biopharmaceutical firms and the market’s response," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 22(2), pages 315-337, June.
- Wu, Zhenyu & Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J., 2007. "Effects of family ownership and management on small business equity financing," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 875-895, November.
- Eva López‐González & Jennifer Martínez‐Ferrero & Emma García‐Meca, 2019. "Does corporate social responsibility affect tax avoidance: Evidence from family firms," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(4), pages 819-831, July.
- Wang, Sen & Bogle, Tim & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2012. "Forestry and the New Institutional Economics," Working Papers 130818, University of Victoria, Resource Economics and Policy.
- David Gindis, 0. "On the origins, meaning and influence of Jensen and Meckling’s definition of the firm," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 966-984.
- Dang, Rey & Houanti, L'Hocine & Sahut, Jean-Michel & Simioni, Michel, 2021. "Do women on corporate boards influence corporate social performance? A control function approach," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 39(C).
- Premepeh, kwadwo Boateng & Odartei-Mills, Eugene, 2015. "Corporate governance structure and shareholder wealth maximisation," MPRA Paper 68087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sareh Pouryousefi & Jeff Frooman, 2019. "The Consumer Scam: An Agency-Theoretic Approach," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 1-12, January.
- John M. Abowd, 1989. "Does Performance-Based Managerial Compensation Affect Subsequent Corporate Performance?," NBER Working Papers 3149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Brück & Jonas Ludwig & Anja Schwering, 2018. "The use of value-based management in family firms," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 383-416, February.
- Ji-Hyun Lee & Su-Yol Lee, 2022. "Effect of the Absence of Unethical Controlling Shareholders on Firm Value and the Moderating Role of Corporate Governance: Evidence from South Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(6), pages 1-15, March.
- Sami Basly, 2006. "Propriété, décision et stratégie de l'entreprise familiale : Une analyse théorique," Post-Print halshs-00192818, HAL.
- I. M. García‐Sánchez & J. Martínez‐Ferrero, 2017. "Independent Directors and CSR Disclosures: The moderating effects of proprietary costs," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 24(1), pages 28-43, January.
- Jess H. Chua & James J. Chrisman & Erich B. Bergiel, 2009. "An Agency Theoretic Analysis of the Professionalized Family Firm," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 33(2), pages 355-372, March.
- Gottschalg, Oliver & Berg, Achim, 2005. "Understanding value generation in buyouts," HEC Research Papers Series 824, HEC Paris.
- Pierre-Yves Gomez, 2003. "Jalons pour une histoire des théories du gouvernement des entreprises," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 6(4), pages 183-208, December.
- Bruce Ian Carlin & Simon Gervais, 2009. "Work Ethic, Employment Contracts, and Firm Value," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(2), pages 785-821, April.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic financial management; Public procurement; Principal agency theory; Africa; Ethiopia; Central African Republic; Ghana;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:porgrv:v:20:y:2020:i:2:d:10.1007_s11115-019-00443-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.