Bank cooperation and banking policy in a monetary union: A political-economy perspective on EMU
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Grüner, Hans Peter & Hefeker, Carsten, 1994. "Bank cooperation and banking policy in a monetary union: A political-economy perspective on EMU," Discussion Papers, Series II 238, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
References listed on IDEAS
- Barry Eichengreen & Jeffry Frieden, 1993. "The Political Economy Of European Monetary Unification: An Analytical Introduction," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 85-104, July.
- George S. Tavlas, 2009. "Optimum-Currency-Area Paradoxes," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 536-551, August.
- Giovanni, Alberto, 1993. "Central banking in a monetary union: reflections on the proposed statute of the European Central Bank," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 191-230, June.
- L. J. Ruland & J.-M. Viaene, 1993. "The Political Choice Of The Exchange Rate Regime," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 271-284, November.
- Vives, Xavier, 1990. "Banking Competition and European Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 373, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bofinger, Peter, 1994. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," CEPR Discussion Papers 915, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frieden, Jeffry A., 1991. "Invested interests: the politics of national economic policies in a world of global finance," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(04), pages 425-451, September.
- George S. Tavlas, 1993. "The ‘New’ Theory of Optimum Currency Areas," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(6), pages 663-685, November.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1992. "On Markets and Clubs: Economic and Political Integration of Regions with Unequal Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 115-121, May.
- Vaubel, Roland, 1990. "Currency Competition and European Monetary Integration," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 936-946, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roland Vaubel, 1999. "Enforcing Competition Among Governments: Theory and Application to the European Union," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 327-338, November.
- Gruner, Hans Peter, 1997. "A Comparison of Three Institutions for Monetary Policy When Central Bankers Have Private Objectives," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 92(1-2), pages 127-143, July.
- H.P. Grãœner & C. Hefeker, 1995.
"Domestic pressures and the exchange rate regime: why economically bad decisions are politically popular?,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(194), pages 331-350.
- H.P. Grãœner & C. Hefeker, 1995. "Domestic pressures and the exchange rate regime: why economically bad decisions are politically popular?," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 48(194), pages 331-350.
More about this item
KeywordsEuropean Monetary Union; interest groups; banking policy; bank cooperation; E5; F3; G2;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:7:y:1996:i:3:p:183-198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .