The impact of exchange rate risk on the foreign direct investment of U.S. multinational manufacturing companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Farok J Contractor, 1984. "Choosing Between Direct Investment and Licensing: Theoretical Considerations and Empirical Tests," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 15(3), pages 167-188, September.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1980. "Monopolistic Advantages and Foreign Involvement by U.S. Manufacturing Industry," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 102-122, March.
- Culem, Claudy G., 1988. "The locational determinants of direct investments among industrialized countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 885-904, April.
- Ray, Edward John, 1977. "Foreign Direct Investment in Manufacturing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 283-297, April.
- Root, Franklin R & Ahmed, Ahmed A, 1979. "Empirical Determinants of Manufacturing Direct Foreign Investment in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 751-767, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gregory Clare & Ira N. Gang, 2010. "Exchange Rate and Political Risks, Again," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 46-58, May.
- Shauna Phillips & Fredoun Z. Ahmadi-Esfahani, 2008. "Exchange rates and foreign direct investment: theoretical models and empirical evidence ," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(4), pages 505-525, December.
- Gregory Clare & Ira N. Gang, 2010.
"Exchange Rate and Political Risks, Again,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(3), pages 46-58, May.
- Phillips, Shauna & Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z., . "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: Theoretical Models and Empirical Evidence," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; exchange rate risk; parent's participation; foreign market;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:3:y:1992:i:2:p:143-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .