The price-perceived quality relationship: A meta-analytic review and assessment of its determinants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sawyer, Alan G, 1975. " Demand Artifacts in Laboratory Experiments in Consumer Research," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(4), pages 20-30, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- John U. Farley & Donald R. Lehmann & Alan Sawyer, 1995. "Empirical Marketing Generalization Using Meta-Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 36-46.
- Peterson, Robert A, 2001. " On the Use of College Students in Social Science Research: Insights from a Second-Order Meta-analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(3), pages 450-461, December.
- Rao, Akshay R & Monroe, Kent B, 1988. " The Moderating Effect of Prior Knowledge on Cue Utilization in Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 253-264, September.
- Nagle, Thomas, 1984. "Economic Foundations for Pricing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 3-26, January.
- Erickson, Gary M & Johansson, Johny K, 1985. " The Role of Price in Multi-attribute Product Evaluations," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 195-199, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martín-Herrán, Guiomar & Taboubi, Sihem & Zaccour, Georges, 2012. "Dual role of price and myopia in a marketing channel," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 284-295.
- Mercedes Martos-Partal & Oscar González-Benito & Mariana Fustinoni-Venturini, 2015. "Motivational profiling of store brand shoppers: Differences across quality tiers," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 187-200, June.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:4:p:406-412 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ers:journl:v:xx:y:2017:i:3b:p:402-416 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:17:y:2010:i:1:p:29-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:32:y:2015:i:4:p:387-397 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:5:p:510-518 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holger Müller & Eike Benjamin Kroll & Bodo Vogt, 2010. "When Judgments and Preferences Fail to Conform: Research on Preference Reversals for Product Purchases," FEMM Working Papers 100003, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:34:y:2017:i:2:p:399-413 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:38:y:2013:i:c:p:43-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joinma:v:28:y:2014:i:4:p:237-256 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:20:y:2013:i:1:p:80-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inderst, Roman & Pfeil, Sebastian, 2014. "An "Image Theory" of RPM," MPRA Paper 54139, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:93:y:2017:i:2:p:201-211 is not listed on IDEAS
- Erich Kirchler & Florian Fischer & Erik Hölzl, 2010. "Price and its Relation to Objective and Subjective Product Quality: Evidence from the Austrian Market," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 275-286, September.
- Nagler, Matthew G. & Kronenberg, Fredi & Kennelly, Edward J. & Jiang, Bei & Ma, Chunhui, 2010. "The use of indicators for unobservable product qualities: inferences based on consumer sorting," MPRA Paper 28409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:19:y:2012:i:1:p:11-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jcopol:v:41:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10603-018-9367-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:touman:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:454-465 is not listed on IDEAS
- Besharat, Ali & Langan, Ryan J. & Nguyen, Carlin A., 2016. "Fashionably late: Strategies for competing against a pioneer advantage," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 718-725.
- repec:eee:touman:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:135-146 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:joreco:v:21:y:2014:i:3:p:327-338 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charalampos Saridakis & George Baltas, 2016. "Modeling price-related consequences of the brand origin cue: An empirical examination of the automobile market," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 77-87, March.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:71:y:2017:i:c:p:62-73 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPrice-perceived quality relationship; Informational role of price; Meta-analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:18:y:2007:i:3:p:181-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.