Dynamics of Science-based entrepreneurship
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vohora, Ajay & Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy, 2004. "Critical junctures in the development of university high-tech spinout companies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 147-175, January.
- Enrico Santarelli, 2002. "Is subsidizing entry an optimal policy?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 39-52, February.
- John Hagedoorn, 2002. "External Sources of Innovative Capabilities: The Preferences for Strategic Alliances or Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 167-188, March.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2010. "On growth drivers of high-tech start-ups: Exploring the role of founders' human capital and venture capital," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 610-626, November.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G., 2006. "Crowding out private equity: Canadian evidence," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 569-609, September.
- Engel, Dirk & Keilbach, Max, 2007.
"Firm-level implications of early stage venture capital investment -- An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 150-167, March.
- Max Keilbach & Dirk Engel, "undated". "Firm Level Implications of Early Stage Venture Capital Investment - An Empiri cal Investigation," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-22, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Keilbach, Max & Engel, Dirk, 2002. "Firm Level Implications of Early Stage Venture Capital Investment: An Empirical Investigation," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-82, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Donald S. Siegel & Reinhilde Veugelers & Mike Wright, 2007. "Technology transfer offices and commercialization of university intellectual property: performance and policy implications," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 640-660, Winter.
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Webster, Andrew & Gebhardt, Christiane & Terra, Branca Regina Cantisano, 2000. "The future of the university and the university of the future: evolution of ivory tower to entrepreneurial paradigm," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 313-330, February.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann, 2004. "Financing High-Tech Growth: The Role Of Banks And Venture Capitalists," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 56(4), pages 340-357, October.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Colombo, Massimo & Garrone, Paola & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2003. "Impact of M&A on the R&D process. An empirical analysis of the role of technological and market relatedness, The," IESE Research Papers D/500, IESE Business School.
- Clarysse, Bart & Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Van de Velde, Els & Vohora, Ajay, 2005.
"Spinning out new ventures: a typology of incubation strategies from European research institutions,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 183-216, March.
- B. Clarysse & M. Wright & A. Lockett & E. Van De Velde & A. Vohora, 2004. "Spinning Out New Ventures: A Typology Of Incubation Strategies From European Research Institutions," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 04/228, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Mustar, Philippe & Renault, Marie & Colombo, Massimo G. & Piva, Evila & Fontes, Margarida & Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike & Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie, 2006. "Conceptualising the heterogeneity of research-based spin-offs: A multi-dimensional taxonomy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 289-308, March.
- Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Clarysse, Bart & Binks, Martin, 2006. "University spin-out companies and venture capital," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 481-501, May.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Grilli, Luca, 2005. "Founders' human capital and the growth of new technology-based firms: A competence-based view," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 795-816, August.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Da Rin, Marco & Hellmann, Thomas, 2008.
"Who are the active investors?: Evidence from venture capital,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 488-512, September.
- L. Bottazzi & M. Da Rin & T. Hellmann, 2007. "Who are the active investors? Evidence from Venture Capital," Working Papers 611, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bottazzi, L. & Da Rin, M. & Hellmann, T., 2008. "Who are the active investors? Evidence from venture capital," Other publications TiSEM 9336411f-ac48-4fad-8a2c-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G., 2003. "A cross-country comparison of full and partial venture capital exits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 511-548, March.
- Ucbasaran, Deniz & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike, 2009. "The extent and nature of opportunity identification by experienced entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 99-115, March.
- Tuomas Takalo & Tanja Tanayama, 2010.
"Adverse selection and financing of innovation: is there a need for R&D subsidies?,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 16-41, February.
- Takalo, Tuomas & Tanayama, Tanja, 2008. "Adverse selection and financing of innovation : is there a need for R&D subsidies?," Research Discussion Papers 19/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Igor Filatotchev & Steve Toms & Mike Wright, 2006. "The firm's strategic dynamics and corporate governance life-cycle," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(4), pages 256-279, September.
- Lorraine Uhlaner & Mike Wright & Morten Huse, 2007. "Private Firms and Corporate Governance: An Integrated Economic and Management Perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 225-241, October.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Vives,Xavier (ed.), 2006. "Corporate Governance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521032032, May.
- Wright, Mike & Clarysse, Bart & Lockett, Andy & Knockaert, Mirjam, 2008. "Mid-range universities' linkages with industry: Knowledge types and the role of intermediaries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1205-1223, September.
- Mike Wright & Sue Birley & Simon Mosey, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and University Technology Transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 29(3_4), pages 235-246, August.
- Frank T. Rothaermel & Shanti D. Agung & Lin Jiang, 2007. "University entrepreneurship: a taxonomy of the literature," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 691-791, August.
- Bart Clarysse & Mike Wright & Andy Lockett & Philippe Mustar & Mirjam Knockaert, 2007. "Academic spin-offs, formal technology transfer and capital raising," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 609-640, August.
- Laura Bottazzi & Marco Da Rin, 2002. "Venture capital in Europe and the financing of innovative companies," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(34), pages 229-270, April.
- Bürgel, Oliver & Fier, Andreas & Licht, Georg & Murray, Gordon, 2000. "Internationalisation of high-tech start-ups and fast growth-evidence for UK and Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-35, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Cooper, Arnold C. & Bruno, Albert V., 1977. "Success among high-technology firms," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 16-22, April.
- Schneider, Cedric & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2008. "On Young Innovative Companies: Why they matter and how (not) to policy support them," Working Papers 04-2008, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Denis, David J., 2004. "Entrepreneurial finance: an overview of the issues and evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 301-326, March.
- Fabio Bertoni & Massimo Colombo & Luca Grilli, 2013. "Venture capital investor type and the growth mode of new technology-based firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 527-552, April.
- Hellmann, Thomas & Puri, Manju, 2000. "The Interaction between Product Market and Financing Strategy: The Role of Venture Capital," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 959-984.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297-297.
- Robert E. Carpenter & Bruce C. Petersen, 2002. "Capital Market Imperfections, High-Tech Investment, and New Equity Financing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 54-72, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michele Meoli & Silvio Vismara, 2016. "University support and the creation of technology and non-technology academic spin-offs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 345-362, August.
- Erik Lehmann & Thorsten Braun & Sebastian Krispin, 2012.
"Entrepreneurial human capital, complementary assets, and takeover probability,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 37(5), pages 589-608, October.
- Thorsten V. Braun & Sebastian Krispin & Erik E. Lehmann, 2009. "Entrepreneurial Human Capital, Complementary Assets, and Takeover Probability," Discussion Paper Series 307, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Braun, Thorsten V. & Krispin, Sebastian & Lehmann, Erik E., 2010. "Entrepreneurial human capital, complementary assets, and takeover probability," UO Working Papers 03-10, University of Augsburg, Chair of Management and Organization.
- repec:spr:scient:v:112:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2394-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Michele Meoli & Stefano Paleari & Silvio Vismara, 2013. "Completing the technology transfer process: M&As of science-based IPOs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 227-248, February.
- David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann & Mike Wright, 2014. "Technology transfer in a global economy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 301-312, June.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & Wright, Mike, 2011. "The effectiveness of university knowledge spillovers: Performance differences between university spinoffs and corporate spinoffs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1128-1143, October.
- Tommaso Minola & Silvio Vismara & Davide Hahn, 2017. "Screening model for the support of governmental venture capital," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 59-77, February.
- Erik E. Lehmann & Manuel T. Schwerdtfeger, 2016. "Evaluation of IPO-firm takeovers: an event study," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 921-938, December.
- Jose Maria Millan & Emilio Congregado & Concepcion Roman & Mirjam van Praag & Andre van Stel, 2011.
"The Value of an Educated Population for an Individual's Entrepreneurship Success,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
11-066/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 06 May 2014.
- André van Stel & Mirjam van Praag & José Maria Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepcion Roman, 2013. "The value of an educated population for an individual's entrepreneurship success," Scales Research Reports H201103, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Niccolò Ghio & Massimiliano Guerini & Erik Lehmann & Cristina Rossi-Lamastra, 2015. "The emergence of the knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Miozzo, Marcela & DiVito, Lori, 2016. "Growing fast or slow?: Understanding the variety of paths and the speed of early growth of entrepreneurial science-based firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 964-986.
- Juan Pablo Diánez-González & Carmen Camelo-Ordaz, 2016. "How management team composition affects academic spin-offs’ entrepreneurial orientation: the mediating role of conflict," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 530-557, June.
- Danny Soetanto & Sarah Jack, 2013. "Business incubators and the networks of technology-based firms," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 432-453, August.
- Colin Mason & Ross Brown, 2013. "Creating good public policy to support high-growth firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 211-225, February.
- Segarra Blasco, Agustí, 1958- & Gombau, Verònica, 2013. "Young innovative firms and R&D strategies: is the Spanish case different?," Working Papers 2072/222200, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Fabio Bertoni & Annalisa Croce & Diego D'Adda, 2009. "Venture capital investments and patenting activity of high-tech start-ups: a micro-econometric firm-level analysis," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 307-326, November.
- Elias G. Carayannis & Mike Provance & Evangelos Grigoroudis, 2016. "Entrepreneurship ecosystems: an agent-based simulation approach," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 631-653, June.
More about this item
KeywordsScience-based entrepreneurial firms; Universities; Technology transfer; Technology policy; N13; O31;
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jtecht:v:35:y:2010:i:1:p:1-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.