Property Segment and REIT Capital Structure
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 43 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/regional+science/journal/11146/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel Poitevin, 1989.
"Financial Signalling and the "Deep-Pocket" Argument,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(1), pages 26-40, Spring.
- Poitevin, M., 1987. "Financial Signalling and the "Deep Pocket" Argument," Cahiers de recherche 8754, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Vojislav Maksimovic & Gordon Phillips, 2008. "The Industry Life Cycle, Acquisitions and Investment: Does Firm Organization Matter?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(2), pages 673-708, 04.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Michael J. Highfield & Peter D. Linneman, 2005. "Real Estate and Economies of Scale: The Case of REITs," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 323-350, 06.
- Michael Faulkender & Mitchell A. Petersen, 2003.
"Does the Source of Capital Affect Capital Structure?,"
NBER Working Papers
9930, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Faulkender & Mitchell A. Petersen, 2006. "Does the Source of Capital Affect Capital Structure?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(1), pages 45-79.
- Richard J. Buttimer & David C. Hyland & Anthony B. Sanders, 2005. "REITs, IPO Waves and Long-Run Performance," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 51-87, 03.
- Martina Bers & Thomas M. Springer, 1997. "Economies of Scale for Real Estate Investment Trusts," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 14(3), pages 275-290.
- Kewei Hou & David T. Robinson, 2006. "Industry Concentration and Average Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(4), pages 1927-1956, 08.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 2001. "The theory and practice of corporate finance: evidence from the field," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2-3), pages 187-243, May.
- Michael J. Barclay & Erwan Morellec, 2006. "On the Debt Capacity of Growth Options," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(1), pages 37-60, January.
- James A. Brander & Tracy R. Lewis, 1988. "Bankruptcy Costs and the Theory of Oligopoly," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 21(2), pages 221-243, May.
- Ghosh, Chinmoy & Nag, Raja & Sirmans, C F, 1999. "An Analysis of Seasoned Equity Offerings by Equity REITs, 1991 to 1995," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 175-192, November.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Peter Linneman, 2001. "Reit Organizational Structure and Operating Characteristics," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 21(3), pages 141-162.
- Ivo Welch, 2002.
"Capital Structure and Stock Returns,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm263, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2003.
- Shane A. Johnson, 2003. "Debt Maturity and the Effects of Growth Opportunities and Liquidity Risk on Leverage," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(1), pages 209-236.
- Howe, John S & Shilling, James D, 1988. " Capital Structure Theory and REIT Security Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 983-993, September.
- Wald, John K. & Long, Michael S., 2007. "The effect of state laws on capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 297-319, February.
- Maksimovic, Vojislav & Zechner, Josef, 1991. " Debt, Agency Costs, and Industry Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1619-1643, December.
- Erasmo Giambona & John P. Harding & C.F. Sirmans, 2008. "Explaining the Variation in REIT Capital Structure: The Role of Asset Liquidation Value," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 111-137, 03.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Paul J. Seguin, 1998. "Managerial Style and Firm Value," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 26(1), pages 131-150.
- Ayla Kayhan & Sheridan Titman, 2004.
"Firms' Histories and Their Capital Structures,"
NBER Working Papers
10526, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andres Almazan & Carlos A. Molina, 2005. "Intra-Industry Capital Structure Dispersion," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 263-297, 06.
- Williams, Joseph T, 1995. "Financial and Industrial Structure with Agency," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(2), pages 431-474.
- Fries, Steven & Miller, Marcus & Perraudin, William, 1997. "Debt in Industry Equilibrium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 39-67.
- Peter MacKay & Gordon M. Phillips, 2005. "How Does Industry Affect Firm Financial Structure?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1433-1466.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:43:y:2011:i:4:p:505-526. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.